pankajkainthla

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
My amd 6670 is showing gray screen after driver install . When I install windows from scratch then it works with limited resolution but whenever I try to install its drivers via amd website or from windows update . It again shows gray screen . Windows works with iGpu though. And if I uninstall the amd drivers then display from the card works again with limited resolution . So I am not sure if the issue is with card , cpu , pcie slot or power supply. I do not have another card to test.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Don't trust old AMD cards.

Not only they heat but there is also no driver support for them.

I had a horrible experience with AMD HD 6450. It just ruined my PC. It all started when i tweaked a game's settings like quality and frame rate, and suddenly my PC froze and i got vertical RGB lines on monitor and PC restarted.

After this my PC would unexpectedly restart when ever i launched a graphics intensive app. and with certain drivers, relatively new, screen would turn gray and i had to turn off from the power button.

Trying to fix it only made it worse. Taking help from internet, did clean uninstall and tried multiple drivers but nothing worked though i could clearly see the issue was gone when i uninstalled the drivers. So, in the end i got rid of that and upgraded.

Last edited:
Reactions: pankajkainthla

pankajkainthla

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Thank you all for the replies:
Intel G2030
Sapphire Hd6670
Vs-550 Corsair
Windows 10 latest build
Asus h61-mk motherboard
Card works fine until I install the drivers from amd or from windows update . I was not able to find sapphire drivers .
Mid the card is broken , I am going to upgrade to rx580

lynx1021

Distinguished