News AMD 6nm Ryzen 6000 'Rembrandt' SoC Deep Dive: Gunning For Alder Lake

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 1, 2020
It's a shame they're continuing to use quad cores, even though they're at the low end, and the Vega architecture, instead of spanning Rembrandt from top to bottom. The good news is it seems like dual cores are finally totally dead, but the bad news is that customers will need to be much more attentive to the U, H, and HS suffixes.

The real question is how they're going to stack up against Alder Lake in terms of price, performance, and features, so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

kjfatl

Reputable
Apr 15, 2020
I hope AMD enjoyed their little moment in the sun. It's quickly coming to an end.
I love real competition. I would much rather see AMD and Intel sharpen their swords on each other that to have a Chinese, Russian or even Korean company take over the market.
It is also helpful that Turmp and Biden have thrown a bunch of roadblocks in front of the Chinese efforts to control this technology.