AMD 760 chipset question

G

I remember reading an article on this site a little while ago about the AMD 760 chipset having some minor problems with the design, and since then, I haven't been able to find the article referencing what those problems where. I know they had some problems with motherboard design while designing the chipset, but I thought I remember reading something more than just that... If anyone knows what I am talking about, or if you can clear up this issue for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would be interested in knowing if AMD has corrected the problems they encountered with motherboard design yet, or what the status of these issues are.

Joseph Stedler, MCSE
Systems Engineer/Network Administrator

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Actually it wasn't AMD that had a problem. The 760 chipset is fine. It was Gigabyte. They designed something wrong in their 760 motherboard and they had to fix it. They admitted that the problem was their mistake, so I don't think you have to worry about it.

----------------------
I don't hate Intel............ Do I?

G

Thanks to all who answered my question! After doing some additional research, I found out it was a motherboard design problem not a problem with the chipset itself.

Joseph Stedler, MCSE
Systems Engineer/Network Administrator