Amd 760k vs Pentium G2358

Solution
If you overclock the Pentium, it will perform better than the 760K at just about everything, but at stock settings, especially in applications that use 4 threads (newer games, editing, multitasking, etc.) the 760K is better.

One advantage to the G3258 is the upgradeability. You can later upgrade to an i5 once you have the money, which completely blows away anything you can get now with your AMD motherboard. Intel is a wiser long-term solution.

I think the best option for you would be to wait until you have the money to upgrade to an i5, and then switch to Intel. Getting a G3258 now will leave you with something of a sidegrade.
If you overclock the Pentium, it will perform better than the 760K at just about everything, but at stock settings, especially in applications that use 4 threads (newer games, editing, multitasking, etc.) the 760K is better.

One advantage to the G3258 is the upgradeability. You can later upgrade to an i5 once you have the money, which completely blows away anything you can get now with your AMD motherboard. Intel is a wiser long-term solution.

I think the best option for you would be to wait until you have the money to upgrade to an i5, and then switch to Intel. Getting a G3258 now will leave you with something of a sidegrade.

Solution