AMD 8350 still valid?

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Hello

Wondering if a AMD 8350 is still a worth while investment for a gaming plus rendering pc?

Will use Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightwave, Premiere.

Solution
For gaming the i5 would certainly yield better frame rates and I think that still stands when recording as well. The i5 is also faster in most media creation applications as well. I know the 8350 excels at streaming games so keep that in mind if you ever plan on that.

Other than that I don't think the 8350 has much of a chance against the 4670K other than maybe a little more overclocking headroom if you're comfortable.

With that said, a 4670K may be a little bit overkill for games like TF2 and light multi-tasking, an i3 or quad core FX would do the job in my opinion.

8350+cooler will yield the best results for photoshop.
And for gaming its pretty good too aswell :)

Go for it :)!

Brunostako

Honorable
For Pro work, where the software does benefit from the CPU having many processing threads, YES. And the FX 8350 still deliver very good multi threaded performance for its price.

For gaming... not really. The FX-8350 performs like a FX-4350 when gaming because DX11 games use up to 4-cores/threads only.

What GPU are you using? If you're using up to the R9 270X/280 (or nvidia equivalents), i don't think you will have bottleneck problems.

N1KKII

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
For gaming the i5 would certainly yield better frame rates and I think that still stands when recording as well. The i5 is also faster in most media creation applications as well. I know the 8350 excels at streaming games so keep that in mind if you ever plan on that.

Other than that I don't think the 8350 has much of a chance against the 4670K other than maybe a little more overclocking headroom if you're comfortable.

With that said, a 4670K may be a little bit overkill for games like TF2 and light multi-tasking, an i3 or quad core FX would do the job in my opinion.

8350+cooler will yield the best results for photoshop.
And for gaming its pretty good too aswell :)

Go for it :)!

Solution