AMD 9590 Possible Overheat

Mar 19, 2018
Hello,
I'm hoping someone on here can help me out with my pc. I have experienced overheating issues with my pc for a while now (almost a year). I cleaned the case out real good and it helped for a little bit, but now my machine is crashing on my in the middle of intense work. (fornite)
Below are my specs:
AMD 9590
GTX 1070
Crosshair V Formula Z MB
Cooling: H80iGT
2x Corsair DDR3 RAM 8192 MB
2x G Skill 4096 MB

I have done some stress testing and after a few minutes the computer will freeze, and I'll have to reboot it. Typically I can play a game for roughly 30-40 mins and then I'll experience freezing. Attached are my voltage settings found of AI Suite.

https://gyazo.com/f8a245ccde1de3dae8541fde7c3c0271
https://gyazo.com/861c9a9d7840d2594bc43698d0aa6dda

Solution
Good that you pointed out the potential for more issues, but from the posted screen shots, his CPU is set to over 1.53 Volts in BIOS and is hitting 1.5 Volts before his cores have even been fully loaded. This is too much for the Bulldozer line of CPUs, no matter the core revision. Couple that with the fact his cooling is underpowered, whether he has a RAM issue or not, we can be reasonably certain of the CPU issue.
Mar 19, 2018

Is there a cooler you recommend to use?
I've also read that setting up intake vs exhaust can affect the CPU... I have my two top case fans flowing in, from case fan blowing in, and back rear where the H80 is blowing out.

You need at least a noctua nhd15 or higher end 240mm+ liquid cooler to run that cpu. It could also just be unstable no matter what cooling you use which is very common with that cpu.

Good that you pointed out the potential for more issues, but from the posted screen shots, his CPU is set to over 1.53 Volts in BIOS and is hitting 1.5 Volts before his cores have even been fully loaded. This is too much for the Bulldozer line of CPUs, no matter the core revision. Couple that with the fact his cooling is underpowered, whether he has a RAM issue or not, we can be reasonably certain of the CPU issue.

Solution