Question AMD A10 5800k - ASROCK FM2A75M-DGS Blue Screen while gaming

konferge

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2012
Specs:
Processor: AMD A10 5800k
Mobo: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS
Memory: Gskill 16gb PC1600
Graphics: Onboard Radeon HD 7600D (Set to 2gb)

I know it's an old system, but still works well for what I use it for. I had an issue years ago with blue screens during gaming and found a solution on Tom's that required changing something in the BIOS and it worked great. Fast forward about 4 years and I had an issue and reset the BIOS, forgetting about the change I had made. Now I can't find it again. I have checked as best as I can and the thermal margin in AMD's Overdrive utility does not appear to drop below 2 degrees. When it BSOD's, the sound buzzes and the screen is distorted making it hard to read, but there are no codes or readouts, just a message saying to check microsoft.com/stopcode and a QR code, but the QR code is distorted so my QR code reader doesn't recognize it. Hoping someone here remembers what might need to be changed in the BIOS.

Thanks,

konferge

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2012
Change the thermal paste on CPU.
I removed the heat sink, cleaned it, and reinstalled with new Arctic Silver paste with no change just to be sure. That's why I'm confident it is the BIOS setting that is causing it. Something related to the A10 and the ASRock BIOS needed to be disabled. I just can't recall for the life of me what it was.