AMD A10-6800K APU Overclocked to Record Breaking 8.2GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinkueagle

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Ok. So this is like a pair of fake tits... All show and no real world benefit,.. But honestly though, props to "The Stilt" for such a feat! As for AMD... It DOESN'T add any credibility to them on the performance front, infact it could the a negative impact on the brand as it did with Pentuim 4 with its "GIGAHERTZ WARS".

If only it could be used like the same way that the Nokia 808 Pureview can combine multiple pixels from its 41MP sensor to make a more detailed picture with a smaller footprint for the pictures...

So if AMD could only combine all that gigahertz to make a the processor much faster with a smaller consumption footprint.

I know it isn't an apples to apples comparison, but just considering the technique used in one technology and HYPOTHETICALLY applying a very similar technique on another would be AWESOME if someone could pull it of! :D

PedanticNo1

Honorable
May 3, 2013
No real world benefit to a pair of fake boobs? Heh, my friend, that is an extremely naive, narrow point of view. Just because it wont enhance milk production, does not mean they don't carry an obvious benefit.
Regardless of anyone's moral feelings on the important issue of fake breasts, this, too, isn't meant to have a "real" benefit. Nobody is implying that this is great performance hardware. It's just a record- people do all sorts of extravagantly pointless BS to be a record holder. Hello, welcome to Earth, we like novel things.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
i'll bet you that it was not very stable....and intell still whooped that AMD arse....AMD really needs to work on the software part for their processors....power is nothing without performance

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Even at 8.2ghz i bet that is still slower then a 4.7ghz i7 haswell 4770k. And thats only using a 175 dollar liquid cool setup that is actually stable and can be used day to day easily. If at the same clockspeed haswell is at least 75% faster than it would beat this at 8.2 ghz since thats a 75% increase in clock speed.

faust_67

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Is not comparing a A10-6800k to a I7 4770K that costs more than twice the price a little deceptive? It would be like comparing a customized Honda Accord to a Mercedes SL something (sorry, I don't know nothing about cars). This overclocking record is just for the fun, just as I had friends (in the old days) who were competing to see who would go the fastest on their modified 50cc mopeds (it was in Europe). I am also tired of the AMD/Intel fanbois. Thos who prefer AMD, good. Those who prefer Intel, good. I recently bought an AMD processor to upgrade my desktop because it was simply gentler on my wallet (not only because of the price of the processor itself, but because I already had a nice AMD motherboard I didn't want to replace). I could have also gone to Intel if I had some prefectly working INTEL motherboard. AMD and INTEL both make great processors. Period. Buy one or the other, but don't call those who made a different choice stupid or worst.

I am not one to call people out but to those that turned this into another AMD this and that thread then you probably have failed to see the achievement and you are also probably not a overclocker and you are posting your worthless fanboi opinions in the wrong thread.

Kindly refrain from turning everything into a Intel circle jerk for the sake of sanity of all those that don't give a crap. Thank you.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Wow, I must say nicely done.

I must say that most of my builds are of the AMD variety (cheaper, better iGPU, and more than sufficient power for my needs) and while I have tweaked a few setups, I've not come close to this type of overclock...

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
I find this to be quite amazing. Although what I'm interested in is how much I can OC my FX4300 and FX4100 on the stock cooler. Not that they perform badly by any stretch. I just want them to crunch faster for free :)

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
"I am also tired of the AMD/Intel fanbois. Thos who prefer AMD, good. Those who prefer Intel, good."

The reason this happens is because intel fanboys include the ugliest and most mean spirited people. They are just haters and are intolerant of anyone who doesn't get intel or says anything good about AMD. I wish they would grow up, but many never will.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
"I am also tired of the AMD/Intel fanbois. Thos who prefer AMD, good. Those who prefer Intel, good."

The reason this happens is because intel fanboys include the ugliest and most mean spirited people. They are just haters and are intolerant of anyone who doesn't get intel or says anything good about AMD. I wish they would grow up, but many never will.

Nephilim_17

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
superb overclock by the stilt... it may have the world record of 8.2 GHz, but still, it can't beat the processors from Intel...sorry for this post, but i think it's much better if AMD can beat Intel in raw processor performance without overclocking and power consumption....:D

cmi86

Distinguished
Oh jeez intel guys sorry it didn't start on fire and leave a flaming crater in the ground like your hasfail would have... Are people seriously arguing intel vs amd right now ?? You guys are lame, it's a damn OC record not a benchmark session...

Status
Not open for further replies.