AMD A10 7800 + GTX 1050 TI : Temp problem, cpu throttling, audio crackling

Gabriel_101

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
A few days ago Ive got a new graphics card. Since then, CPU started heating much more than before. BIOS temps show around 60 C, hwmonitor on heavy load 80-94 C and openhardware 40-50 C ( around 40/30 when not on pressure ). The main issue, however, is the audio crackling/popping sound and the micro stutterings which accure within the audio crackling when playing games.
LatencyMon describes it like this:

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

I was thinking of disabling C&Q option but again I dont know which temps to trust ( and does the BIOS temp show CPU on idle or on load? ). Also,would disabling Turbo mode help? ( I suppose it would be on less load and dont have to throttle that much ). All fans were cleaned and small ones replaces with better ones. Even 1 extra was added. Power options are on high performance. Thank you for any help provided.

Solution
SOLUTION:

Reinstalled windows and GPU drivers from the cd I got from the package without updating them. Audio popping happens rarely and stuttering in Titanfall 2 also rarely and if, only at first 2 seconds beginning the match. Reinstalling Realtek Audio or Nvidia Audio drivers didn't help. Before audio cracks there was a noticeable stuttering problem which was fixed my disabling integrated graphics and adding/ replacing with extra/ better cooling system ( due to CPU overheating ).

PrivilegeYT

Distinguished
Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your hardware is the first thing you should always do when getting new components. Then what I want you to do is try to disable turbo mode and see if anything is different. Also, I recommend trying to remove the GPU and run the CPU alone or how you had your build configured before and see if you can tell the difference again then report back to me please.

Gabriel_101

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017

Nvidia drivers are up to date. Turbo was disabled, my bad. Core peformance boost was enabled and I disabled that, still the same. The problems werent there while the CPU was using only the intergrated graphics, I guess its heating too much from the GPU and the motherboard is lowering its frequency to cool it down. Im thinking of clean reinstalling windows ( it performs slowly than before, the reason are I guess leftover drivers ). Also, should CCC / AMD chipset be uninstalled if I switched to Nvidia as main display? Which temperatures should I trust? Hardware monitor never shows above 60 C, while the BIOS and hwmonitor show more than 60 C. AMD overdrive on cpu heavy load allways shows that it has around 30 C thermal margin ( I guess its the amount of how much more temp the CPU can handle ). Ive read online than AMD A10 7800 max temp should be around 71.3 ( the real temp should be I suppose 40+ if AMD overdrive shows 30 as the thermal margin and 71.3 as the max temp ). As hwmonitor displays temperatures the pc should have shut down if 74 above so I guess it reads them wrong ( went to 94 and still didnt shut down ).

Gabriel_101

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017

I reinstalled windows and ran Latencymon again. It says that everything works fine now ( "real time audio has no problems" ). In games and listening to audio I didn't have any problems so far except in Titanfall 2 ( but it's excepted because the CPU isn't that strong to cope with the much stronger GPU ). Although, when the CPU heats/works at 100% for some time it shows minor problems ( it's throttling again I suppose ), jumps ( same audio popping as before but still much less noticeable ) . For what I've seen so far, I think that the CPU isn't strong enough and its over heating or bottlenecking. I'm going to try setting audio for the GPU to play to free the CPU a bit, I hope this will fix it.

Gabriel_101

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
SOLUTION:

Reinstalled windows and GPU drivers from the cd I got from the package without updating them. Audio popping happens rarely and stuttering in Titanfall 2 also rarely and if, only at first 2 seconds beginning the match. Reinstalling Realtek Audio or Nvidia Audio drivers didn't help. Before audio cracks there was a noticeable stuttering problem which was fixed my disabling integrated graphics and adding/ replacing with extra/ better cooling system ( due to CPU overheating ).

Solution
Mar 23, 2019
SOLUTION:

Had same problem with my AMD A10-7890k. Constantly throttling under stress test. I installed aluminum heat sinks for VRM's. also disabled the GPU graphics, lowered CPU voltage as low as possible, 1.524v, for a stable overclock of 4.7Ghz. Recommend water cooling CPU. If temp. of CPU is too high, that can also cause throttling.