Amd A10-7860K worth?

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Hi. I saw cheap parts with warranty. I know it's not powerfull, but just ask it will be good for starter build?
A10-7860K
Asus a88xm-a
Kingston ram 1886 mhz cl10 8 gb stick.
It cost around 100 $(in shop much more...). Just wanna ask what gpu will be good? Also can I add identical ram? And what settings games I can play?
Thanks

Solution

$100 for a A10-7860K alone isn't a good deal since you can buy them from Wal Mart and New Egg for $79. $100 for the APU + MB + RAM would be a fantastic deal.

If your looking for budget oriented system then wait a bit and see what Ryzen 3 Chips price/Performance sits at. APU's are not that good for playing nothing but AAA titles, they will game just at much more reduced settings.
Bad idea. That board has no heatsink on the VRMs. That aside, AMD APU's like A-10 series are a bad joke. They have terrible single core performance, don't have very many cores, and have great integrated graphics but no optimized drivers to run the games well.

If you're going to build AMD, get Ryzen.

If you're looking for the best budget stuff out there, get an Intel Pentium G4560 and MSI B250M-DHV. This CPU and board need DDR4, but that's not very expensive at all if you know where to look.

MicroT

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2016
I got an amd a10 a while back and regret it. Can just about run games like gta 5 and bf4, dont expect more out of it. A more powerful (And cheaper) cpu would be the pentium g4560 which has decent on board graphics also. From here you can also do upgrades later down the line.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

$100 for a A10-7860K alone isn't a good deal since you can buy them from Wal Mart and New Egg for $79. $100 for the APU + MB + RAM would be a fantastic deal.

If your looking for budget oriented system then wait a bit and see what Ryzen 3 Chips price/Performance sits at. APU's are not that good for playing nothing but AAA titles, they will game just at much more reduced settings.

Solution

Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Im think same that will be good deal, and yes all parts costs ~100 $, also get crappy pc case for free. Where I live parts are expensive, in shop new parts costs over ~200 $. Also I not played older games, so I think that will be good thing for workstation/gaming starter build with decent gpu and one more stick ram if it be compatible... :)