AMD A10-8750 idling around 80°C

golf_face

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
I have an AMD A10-8750 that recently started acting up, when i have nothing open it sits between 75-80°C, fans are going crazy but HWmonitor says they are going at about 60-100rpm, which would be about once per second, it doesnt make any sense.
Also, if the temperature is actually that high, wouldn't the air coming out be hot? the air coming out of my PC is basically room temperature.

So even if the sensors aren't working properly and the readings are wrong, it is affecting performance and I don't really understand why at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.
TRRWkEf.png

Solution
Thermal margin is not temperature. The "50c" number you see means you have 50c more until it's too hot. As long as that's greater than zero, temperature is not what's causing your PC to have performance issues.

Speaking of which, can you describe them? What sort of performance issues are you having?

Open up Windows Resource Monior. Keep an eye on the "Overview" tab, and report back if you have high CPU, disk, memory or network utilization when you're experiencing performance issues.

golf_face

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017

Overdrive shows a much lower temperature, but I'm still having some pretty bad performance issues.

lcfVNRK.png

Thermal margin is not temperature. The "50c" number you see means you have 50c more until it's too hot. As long as that's greater than zero, temperature is not what's causing your PC to have performance issues.

Speaking of which, can you describe them? What sort of performance issues are you having?

Open up Windows Resource Monior. Keep an eye on the "Overview" tab, and report back if you have high CPU, disk, memory or network utilization when you're experiencing performance issues.

Solution

golf_face

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017

Oh ok, that makes sense. Basically my performance issues are severe lag/crashing when using google maps/streetview, youtube and playing games.
I used to play GTA V on this PC often until about 2 months ago without any issues and now there's a severe lag and it's pretty much unplayable.

I'm starting to think the issue is related to graphics now that you've cleared up that my CPU temperature isn't what's causing issues. I've updated my graphics driver to the newest version (my card is an nvidia geforce 750ti) so I'll run a benchmark test and see what happens, I'll also keep an eye on resource monitor while running it to see what goes on.

Update: Here's what resource monitor shows when I'm running GTA V:
HIOrRmN.png

TRENDING THREADS