AMD A4-6300 APU, what graphic cards can I install onto it?

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
My specs are:
-AMD Radeon HD 8370D Graphics (integrated)

-DDR3 4GB RAM (3.19 usable, installing 2 more GB soon)

-AMD K15 IMC chipset

-AMD A4-6300 APU at 3.70 GHz (dual-core)

Which graphics card would be the best to install onto this desktop?

Solution
I'm glad you came back to ask this. Now that Pascal has hit the market and prices have stabilized a bit, I no longer recommend the GTX 950.

My recommended 1050 ti cards for budget systems. The 1050 ti will offer you much better performance at a lower wattage and will have better driver support since it's a newer product.

Note that both of the cards on the comparison page will perform about equal to each other, at this point it's a mater of what color you want.

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

With that, would I need a new power supply or anything else? I can show you the specs if you need a full list of them.

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

Well, I opened my desktop and I believe the total was 180 w. I'm not sure if that's enough information, so I'll link a photo.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/0DxcQZB

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

With this, would I need to get anything else apart from the power supply and graphics card? Thank you for the help!

Do you have a case fan? If so, then all you need is the power supply and you'll be ready for the new graphics card.

I recommend starting up the system with the new power supply but no graphics card, just to make sure the power supply is functioning properly. Then shut down and insert the graphics card.

Always remember to protect yourself against ESD when working with power supplies.

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

I do have a case fan, so I'm good there. I can link a picture of the inside of the PC, in case the fan is in need of an upgrade (cooling, not sure). Again, thank you for helping. You're much more helpful and nice than people I've asked at Yahoo and other places.

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

It's on the rear and I can feel the air, so I'm good to go for the 950 and the fan?

Best Answer unselected, I didn't mean to pick a Best Answer. I was banging my mouse off the desk because it gets clogged up with dust, cat hair, etc and I was trying to shake it out, and somehow I clicked on "Pick as the solution." My bad.

Anyways, you have made a decision on a power supply (hopefully), and you have airflow in your case. That's all you need, you're ready for your GTX 950!

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

Sorry for answering so late, but I have the money now to get it. I'm good on the fan part, but what 950 should I get? I was looking for one and there seems to be different types of 950's. Do you recommend any for the specs listed above?

I'm glad you came back to ask this. Now that Pascal has hit the market and prices have stabilized a bit, I no longer recommend the GTX 950.

My recommended 1050 ti cards for budget systems. The 1050 ti will offer you much better performance at a lower wattage and will have better driver support since it's a newer product.

Note that both of the cards on the comparison page will perform about equal to each other, at this point it's a mater of what color you want.

Solution

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

One last question. In a video game, would this bottleneck at all? I don't really mind if it does honestly, just a random question. Thanks for all the help

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

I mean buying the mini this week, so I have (another) question. Do measurements matter? Does it need to reach a certain spot or anything? Also, the card is comparable with this motherboard, yes? Sorry if I'm just making you repeat answers, just want to make sure everything is right.

Measurements matter. The only thing that could cause a problem in terms of measurements is if the card is too long or too wide to fit into the case. Neither of these cards have that problem.

You don't need to reach a certain spot or anything.

The card is compatible with the motherboard.

zskilledv

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016

Is there an alternative power supply I can buy? I have the money for the graphics card, but want to see if I need 550w for all in the computer. I've heard that the card only uses 75w, so that's why I'm asking. Also, I know the TI is better, but would I be able ot use the Gtx 1050 (not TI)?

Was looking at this, would this be compatable?

http://