[SOLVED] AMD A4-6300

Jan 28, 2021
Hello? Can someone help me my nephew have a CPU with a amd processor which is a4-6300 and he tried to play roblox but its lag. Is amd a4 low end procie? Im planning to buy him a new processor for a fm2 socket. what is better for mid gaming thanks. even GTA SA its lag my nephew's ram is 8gb thaaaaaaanks

Solution
I already tried all the method you guys said. But unfortunately its still lag and for only 10 mins his computer can run and keeps shutting down. It keeps shutting down. The seller said that the processor is not the problem. But i put back his old a56300 and his computer dont shutdown automatically. :(

What are the temperatures when it's shutting down? Because lagging and then shutting down suggests a CPU thermal throttling and then hitting the limit.

Also, what is the PSU? 35 additional watts usually doesn't make a difference, but if it's a very low wattage, very low-quality PSU -- as you'd typically see on a light machine such as this -- that could actually be a problem.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes, the AMD A4-6300 is a lower end APU. Need to know the specific motherboard model in order to make sure a CPU suggestion is supported on the motherboard. Also, since your nephew is currently using an APU (graphics integrated into the CPU), does he have a stand alone graphics card?

-Wolf sends

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Hello? Can someone help me my nephew have a CPU with a amd processor which is a4-6300 and he tried to play roblox but its lag. Is amd a4 low end procie? Im planning to buy him a new processor for a fm2 socket. what is better for mid gaming thanks. even GTA SA its lag my nephew's ram is 8gb thaaaaaaanks
Based on the info you provided only... any a10 cpu (APU) will work. There is the risk of bios not supporting the upgrade and from the sounds of it, its most likely a stock motherboard. For the money a used fm2 cpu is going to cost you could outfit him with a newer system for less money. Or, alternatively like Wolfshadw said run a dedicated graphics card. Could you confirm more details like the exact motherboard, there will be labels on it if you look inside the case, and how powerful the power supply is?

Reactions: Miryaamieeee
Jan 28, 2021
Yes, the AMD A4-6300 is a lower end APU. Need to know the specific motherboard model in order to make sure a CPU suggestion is supported on the motherboard. Also, since your nephew is currently using an APU (graphics integrated into the CPU), does he have a stand alone graphics card?

-Wolf sends
Thank youuu so much.
His Mobo is ASRock fm2a55m-vg3+
No he doesn't have Gpu. I also want to buy for him but i dont know wherr i can find an affordable price. He also wants to play valorant.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Thank youuu so much.
His Mobo is ASRock fm2a55m-vg3+
No he doesn't have Gpu. I also want to buy for him but i dont know wherr i can find an affordable price. He also wants to play valorant.
The games he plays are not very intensive so he will not need higher end parts. an a10 series APU will run you $50-100 used based on ebay and roughly $150 if you find it new or like new. I use to have an athlon x4 960 BE (700 series only supported on your board) build and its a solid quad core for dirt cheap, $15 average on ebay and it will let you pair it with a decent used graphics card depending on your budget.

On the topic of graphics cards, for the games hes playing honestly any graphics card will do as long as it doesn't require external power. Something like a gt 710/730 or a gtx 1030/1050 if you need it on the cheap you can get older cards as well. This is where it all comes down to what you can find and afford. Keep in mind newer cards may not be supported with that old of a system, so it may limit you.

Wolfshadw

Titan
ASRock FM2A55M-VG2+ CPU Support List

Here is the list of supported processors. In the far right column it lists the required BIOS version necessary for a processor on this list to be compatible. Depending on your budget, I'd either be looking at an A8/A10 APU or an Athlon X4 860/870/880 processor with something like a GT 730 graphics card as @ZeroDollarBudget suggests.

-Wolf sends

Jan 28, 2021
@Wolfshadw hellooo sir today i brought a new amd a10 5800k for my nephew's pc. I already fit in his computer and i already tried to run roblox but it still the same. its lag and don't run smoothly what should I do? thaaanks

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
After you update the drivers, maybe try adjusting the settings to lower resolutions to see if that helps. If you notice an improvement with lower settings the processor is still lacking the power to run it and a dedicated graphics card is going to be the next step.

Additionally, I would try watching the temps of the processor to make sure its not thermal throttling (running so hot its lagging). You can do this with any hardware monitoring software, I use this :

If you are running hotter than 90c thats probably affecting performance. But ultimately a dedicated graphics card is going to be the way to go from here.

Jan 28, 2021
I already tried all the method you guys said. But unfortunately its still lag and for only 10 mins his computer can run and keeps shutting down. It keeps shutting down. The seller said that the processor is not the problem. But i put back his old a56300 and his computer dont shutdown automatically. :(

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

What are the temperatures when it's shutting down? Because lagging and then shutting down suggests a CPU thermal throttling and then hitting the limit.

Also, what is the PSU? 35 additional watts usually doesn't make a difference, but if it's a very low wattage, very low-quality PSU -- as you'd typically see on a light machine such as this -- that could actually be a problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS