[SOLVED] AMD A6-3500 gaming performance ?

starspazattack

Honorable
Oct 6, 2015
Working on a pc for someone looking to start out gaming, since I don't have much experience with older hardware, does anyone know the viability of using an amd A6-3500 paired with a gtx 950 as a beginner build for light gaming ? 950 should be fine but wasn't sure about performance paired with the older apu. Plans for system are borderlands and Minecraft so far. any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
You might want to scrub the idea of giving that poor fella that APU, if anything he'll wish he didn't have a computer to begin with. In 2021, a tri core processor is not going to cut it. Not when quad core processors are struggling. Simple answer, try a 4th Gen i3 or an i5.

Nem1x

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Gtx 950 is overkill for that cpu . A6 3500 is ment for basic usage such as word or power point . Also that CPU has integrated graphics . I reccomend pairing GTX 950 with something like i5 3rd gen or an i3 if you are on budget .

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What's the budget and what's the long-term plan for the build? There are almost certainly better ideas than an entry-level APU from a decade ago in any use case and if there are plans to upgrade, it makes more sense to make a budget light gaming build with parts that aren't complete dead ends.

D

Deleted member 14196

A series is anemic. As stated above the person will wish they didn’t even have a computer with that APU

starspazattack

Honorable
Oct 6, 2015
The long term plan is to upgrade basically the entire system down the line, new mobo, ram and cpu, the only reason I wanted to get more info on the apu's gaming performance was because the apu is already in an old prebuilt the person has and I wanted to check with others whether they would be able to get by with just a gpu upgrade for now then upgrade later down the line, I know there are a lot of older cpus that are fairly competent at gaming though I do understand that the chip is a tri core and like ancient by now but they've given me a pretty tight budget to work with. thanks for the responses by the way

Latest posts