AMD A6-3500 vs Intel Pentium G2010 (2.80 GHz) vs G2020 (2.9 GHz) vs G840 (2.8 GHz)

itsjustJOH

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I need to upgrade my 3 or 4 year-old PC running on an Intel Pentium E5200 (2.5 GHz). Not that it's giving up on me, it still is running very well but I need more processing power. I'm using MATLAB and PSPICE for my electronics courses and I'll need faster simulations. I don't have much money to spend, so those listed above are within the same, cheap price range. Although I am aware there are more available from other stores, those are the only currently available CPUs listed in an online web site of a local store. But if you know more with the same price, do tell.

Also, for my pastime or when I'm too lazy to study (most of the time), I do play some games. Paired with the E5200 is a (aging?) Radeon HD 6570. AC II (old games, can't run latest games sherlock) runs on a low frame rate on my PC. I've been told that AMD CPUs have built-in GPUs, if I got that right. I'd like to know if it would run parallel with my video card for better gaming performance, then I guess I'd have to choose the AMD. I guess I'm much more inclined for a better gaming PC (hey it still handles my simulations decently anyway).

Solution
- The A6 will pair with the 6570.
- The A6 is a far more balanced rig than the Pentiums. If this had zero need for gaming, I'd suggest the G2020; but that is not the case. It is far more balanced to choose the A6.

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Well, the intels aren't going to help your gaming any with that GPU, so I would suggest the AMD. Although, the intel ones would prob be better at work loads, but you did say you are more inclined for a better gaming PC so the AMD with the 6570 would be best bet in my opinion.

elemein

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
- The A6 will pair with the 6570.
- The A6 is a far more balanced rig than the Pentiums. If this had zero need for gaming, I'd suggest the G2020; but that is not the case. It is far more balanced to choose the A6.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS