AMD A6 5400k bottleneck Radeon HD 7850?

xWCxMonday

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
So I'm relatively new to PC's, used to be a console player but have always been a fan of the master race. Recently built a PC with the help of a friend of mine so I can play with him primarily in CS Go. I have an AMD A6 5400k cpu and a Radeon 7850k 2GB that I got from a friend and the most FPS I get is 80 on low settings at the max. Tried overclocking, everything. My friend says it's the CPU, and I was wondering if I can get some advice. Do I need a new one?

Solution
Depends on the screen resolution you are using. Yes, the dual core CPU is probably the weak link, if you demand more than 80 fps. (?!) But keep in mind, the HD-7850 is no great card anymore either. You can OC the CPU for a small increase in performance...if your motherboard can handle OC'ing.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the screen resolution you are using. Yes, the dual core CPU is probably the weak link, if you demand more than 80 fps. (?!) But keep in mind, the HD-7850 is no great card anymore either. You can OC the CPU for a small increase in performance...if your motherboard can handle OC'ing.

Solution