AMD A6-6400K Can't bottleneck a ASUS R9 290 Because there is not requirements for that GPU right??

Velinzor

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Im Getting a ASUS R9 290 and their is no CPU Requirements so it won't bottleneck with my A6-6400K because I Got starwars battledfront and would like better FPS and running in High/Ultra

Solution
Your CPU won't stop your GPU from working, but it will hold it back with more intensive games. I would still get the GPU and just save up for a new CPU + motherboard next.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

there is no cpu requirement because what matters on if you can install the 290 is the motherboard pcie slot and power supply

BUT your processor is too weak to keep up with a 290

Velinzor

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
So battlefront would be playable in around high settings??? And yes my motherboard has PCIexpress and the power supply is good enough.. Just thoughts I'm sure the GPU will work fine but just wont reach high potential

Velinzor

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
[/quotemsg]there is no cpu requirement because what matters on if you can install the 290 is the motherboard pcie slot and power supply

BUT your processor is too weak to keep up with a 290[/quotemsg]

My motherboard has PCIe and the powersupply is good enough I took that into consideration before. I've heard that it will bottleneck and it won't be that bad. but it would be better than the Intergrated Radeon HD 8740D for battlefront because I only get 30fps in Low with graphic details in ultra but the ultra graphic details isn't effecting it really at all. Also the CPU only is running at 30% consuption when im running battlefront so i though that was pretty good for what it is, and though I could get a good GPU for it

Velinzor

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
[/quotemsg]there is no cpu requirement because what matters on if you can install the 290 is the motherboard pcie slot and power supply

BUT your processor is too weak to keep up with a 290[/quotemsg]

My motherboard has PCIe and the powersupply is good enough I took that into consideration before. I've heard that it will bottleneck and it won't be that bad. but it would be better than the Intergrated Radeon HD 8740D for battlefront because I only get 30fps in Low with graphic details in ultra but the ultra graphic details isn't effecting it really at all. Also the CPU only is running at 30% consuption when im running battlefront so i though that was pretty good for what it is, and though I could get a good GPU for it

_Skittle_

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015
You're looking at this wrong, the components that is the bottleneck is the one that is weaker and is holding the other ones back, a 290 will definitely not bottleneck the CPU, but that CPU will definitely bottleneck the GPU as it is very low end and will struggle.

_Skittle_

Reputable
Dec 2, 2015
Your CPU won't stop your GPU from working, but it will hold it back with more intensive games. I would still get the GPU and just save up for a new CPU + motherboard next.

Solution