AMD A6 7400K + GeForce GT 730 fine?

REGULARDREAMS

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Hi guys, I have an A6 7400k as my processor and the GT 730 as my graphics card, are they fine to work with each other without any bottleneck?

I'm just curious because they said an AMD APU like my A6 7400k should not team up with any video card? is that a right statement? I want clear answers guys. help.

Solution
They'll work, but depending on which version of the 730 you have, it may not be much, if any faster than the integrated GPU. The 730 is not a gaming card; anything "GT" is designed for driving extra monitors and decoding media, rather than accelerating 3d graphics.

In terms of bottleneck... both your APU and that GPU are slow. The slow CPU part will cause poor framerates in many games, and the slow GPU will require you run low graphical settings. I'm not sure if you'd call that "both bottlenecking" or "neither bottlenecking", because they'll both affect your experience in different ways.
They'll work, but depending on which version of the 730 you have, it may not be much, if any faster than the integrated GPU. The 730 is not a gaming card; anything "GT" is designed for driving extra monitors and decoding media, rather than accelerating 3d graphics.

In terms of bottleneck... both your APU and that GPU are slow. The slow CPU part will cause poor framerates in many games, and the slow GPU will require you run low graphical settings. I'm not sure if you'd call that "both bottlenecking" or "neither bottlenecking", because they'll both affect your experience in different ways.

Solution

REGULARDREAMS

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

If I upgrade to a A10 7890K, do I still need a video card? If so, which one?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You could conceivably 'upgrade' to something like an Athlon 860k (which doesn't have graphics) and then get a discrete GPU.

All comes down to how much you are willing to spend and what your goal is.

Something like an RX460 would be a decent entry level card. Or a GTX1050. These would facilitate 1080p gaming quite reasonably, even with a low end CPU. Though some games will remain out of reach, at least at reasonable frame rates.

An 860K + GTX 1050 would be a nice overhaul for your system. As Eximo says, it depends on what you're looking to spend.

The integrated GPU in the 7890K is still extremely weak. It will run all games, but many new ones will need to be run on absolute minimum settings and will still run poorly.

REGULARDREAMS

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Cannot afford a gtx 1050. Can a GTX 750 ti be an alternative for that?

It's around half as fast as a 1050, and probably not half as expensive, but it's still a good card. I think overall you'd have a better gaming PC with a 750 Ti + Athlon x4 860K, than keeping your current CPU and adding a 1050, but I'd still be tempted by the better card.

REGULARDREAMS

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

So sad there's no release of Athlon X4 series in the Philippines. They just have the Aseries for AMD. What's my alternative option bro?

The A6 7400K is a dual core, which hinders it a lot in recent games. Any quad core would be an improvement, but I would not buy the A10 7890K, because it's the same physical chip as the A8 7600, it just comes with slightly higher clockspeed from the factory. Any A8 or A10 7xxx would work. Or, 6xxx for that matter.

REGULARDREAMS

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

The store nearby has A8 8670K, A8 7650K and A10 7700 theýe nearly equal in terms of prices here. What is the best to fit the GTX 1050?

I'm not aware of the existence of an 8670k or 7700 non-K.

A higher model number will have higher default clockspeed, but a "K" designates that the CPU is unlocked, so you can set the frequency to whatever you want. If you don't plan to overclock and they're all the same price, get the highest clocked model. If you well overclock, get the cheapest "k" model.