Question AMD A8-3850 No Video, No Beep Code.

Dec 30, 2019
I have an old gateway sx2370-UR10p that I am re purposing by putting it into a different case. I am experienced in computing through self teaching with desktops for years but this has stumped me. This machine did work over 6 months ago! I took the GPU out for using it in another machine but the A8 is also an APU so it doesn't need the GPU to boot. I have tried 4 different ram sticks, reinserting the CPU, attempted booting with and without the GPU inserted and all of this is without a harddrive connected and no other peripheral devices plugged in.

Dec 30, 2019
Maybe you not connect something. Try to boot with cpu, without ram. If it boots, try only one ram stick.
Forgot to mention that the motherboard was giving me a beep code prior to reinserting the CPU. It was just a long continuous beep with no pauses. No beeping since reinserting the CPU. I will try without a stick rn.

Dec 30, 2019
Try clear cmos.
Their are 2 different ways the system seens to attempt to boot. One way is when I switch the power supply on and the fans spin slowly and the speed varies it seems. If I hold the power button to turn it off and then switch it on again SOMETIMES but not always the fans will go to max RPMs it seems. Odd behavior.