[SOLVED] Amd a9-9425 vs amd ryzen 2200u

giorgos12

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019
Hello i am about to buy a laptop.what do you suggest?a laptop with amd a9-9425 and 8gb ram or with ryzen 3 2200u and 4gb ram.both have 256 gb ssd. I want it for light browsing and office 365

Last edited:
Solution
thank you for your reply.my budget isnt enough for ryzen and 8g ram.i will be avle to do just the basics (word browsing) with 4gb or i will have lags ?maybe i could take one more ram in the future

Switching between, likely, more than 6 tabs in your browser while Windows 10 is updating and background services are running, with only 4GB of memory is just disappointing.

Since you're really tight on budget, you're thinking of starting with 4GB and upgrading (assuming the laptop gives access to the RAM). That will happen soon, though! Why go through this and bother yourself? You won't be satisfied with 4GB of RAM, anyway.

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Don't waste your money on that A9, even if it's for simple tasks. You perhaps know, Ryzen 3 2200U supports hyperthreading and features Zen+ architecture, So it's superior to A9 and you will experience much smoother and enhanced performance. However, 4GB is inadequate. I would say look for something with Ryzen and 8GB of RAM at least. (and as you said, with SSD, of course.)

Reactions: giorgos12

giorgos12

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019
Don't waste your money on that A9, even if it's for simple tasks. You perhaps know, Ryzen 3 2200U supports hyperthreading and features Zen+ architecture, So it's superior to A9 and you will experience much smoother and enhanced performance. However, 4GB is inadequate. I would say look for something with Ryzen and 8GB of RAM at least. (and as you said, with SSD, of course.)
thank you for your reply.my budget isnt enough for ryzen and 8g ram.i will be avle to do just the basics (word browsing) with 4gb or i will have lags ?maybe i could take one more ram in the future

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020

Switching between, likely, more than 6 tabs in your browser while Windows 10 is updating and background services are running, with only 4GB of memory is just disappointing.

Since you're really tight on budget, you're thinking of starting with 4GB and upgrading (assuming the laptop gives access to the RAM). That will happen soon, though! Why go through this and bother yourself? You won't be satisfied with 4GB of RAM, anyway.

Solution

giorgos12

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019

I bought 4gb if the upgrade for +4gb is necessary in the future is cheap. I asked the seller.thank you very much for your time

Reactions: mkaafy