News AMD Allegedly Preps RX 6750 GRE To Rival RTX 4060 Ti At $299

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanderlindemedia

Commendable
Jul 15, 2022
Why AMD... whyyyyy... lower the price of the rx 6750xt... to compete with 4060ti? The rx 7700xt will be at 500us? Dear God!

You have no idea how TSMC and all of those over time "improve" nodes and thus for AMD being able to release a "upgraded" version of the chip. Look at the 480 vs 580. It was dense enough to provide a small upgrade path.

Reactions: Amdlova

Vanderlindemedia

Commendable
Jul 15, 2022
It's just a marketing choice wether to "rebrand" the 480 to a 580 or not. it did offer really slight benefit compared to the normal 480. It was either higher clocks at the same power envelope or lower power at the same clocks. They figured out that raising the clocks to 1366Mhz instead of 1266Mhz was more beneficial and thus releasing it as a 580.

The same is happening here really. TSMC over time matures their proces of making wafers - and thus marketing has to figure out a way to respin something into a new product. You think it's AMD but Nvidia is doing the same. Nothing special about it. The revisions of nodes can be beneficial - some chips can actually clock higher over time, and you might have a golden sample in regards of OC'ing.

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
its a rumour nothing more i highly doubt AMD will release anything with the 6700xt name in 2023 or in the future for that matter
Remember the hate Nvidia got for re releasing the 2060 in the middle of last gens cluster f..k when there was actually more reason to buy it when everything else was out of stock !

Xajel

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
So they want to release a last-gen product to compete against a current-gen one?

I know current-gen can be more expensive (more modern node, or porting a design compared to a design they have already), but come on, you're already working on mainstream 7000 series products, so unless it will take more time then I don't see any point on re-releasing a last-gen product, especially with spending time and money releasing a new SKU.

I just want a new "modern" single-slot GPU (<75W TDP) with a modern video transcode capability (AV1 encode+decode). The only option I saw is the intel arc pro !!

Reactions: Amdlova

Mattzun

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
Its clear that both AMD and NVidia want to use the most advanced nodes for AI chips.

Why wouldn't you release a refreshed version of the old generation on an old node, given that the new gen costs more to make but isn't significantly better?

The 6700XT is already being promoted at 330 dollars as the better option than any of the 4060 variants.
If AMD can make a profit on a 6750GRE with a 300 dollar MSRP, it could be a winner.

Frankly, I'm surprised that NVidia didn't do a Super versions of the 3000 series using the Samsung fabs. A 16GB 3060TI Super or a 20GB 3080 Super would be better than anything in that price range from the 40 series AND it would leave all of that TSMC capacity for AI chips.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Well, either Navi 32 is really broken or AMD is sitting on such a colossal pile of unsold RDNA2 dies that they will keep delaying it until 2025, if people don't buy them.
There is a person in my country selling 50 RX 6700 XT's used for mining. I bought one, it works great, and paid the price of an RX 6600 XT. I guess not only AMD has a lot of inventory, but their cards were sold to miners who are selling them in volumes on the used market, which competes with new purchases for bargain hunters (the main Radeon buyer).

Reactions: RedBear87

ManDaddio

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
Are these left over chips from last gen or is AMD still so overstocked they have to do something to sell them off?

It could be they are making these new because it's hard to get tsmc to make enough newer smaller chips.

Either/or the excitement around AMD selling these old GPUs new kills me because the outrage against NVIDIA not being power efficient enough.

And that rage wasn't because prices but the climate crisis. It amazes me how compromise comes in so easy when the competition does things right that go against the mob argument.

And to be clear I dont believe in climate doomsday except what the Bible says about the 7 last plagues. CO2 is a life essential gas for planet Earth. Without it we would die. And in order to ever have too much is impossible to ever get too. The astronaut were tested I think up to at least 3000-6000 parts per million I think. Earth is always gonna be under 1000. Hotbeds use 1000 to grow good plants. Life essential.
But I digress. Sorry.
AMD has to make money anyway they can. Selling products close to production areas is a business decision. China is a big market for tech now.

Status
Not open for further replies.