[SOLVED] AMD?? AMD lovers please read this. I need some opinion on new build with AMD.

Power94

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
Ok guys so i been against AMD this hole time, in pass was very unstable for me. I been using INTEL forever...
I currently have i9 9900k with RTX 2080ti bla bla etc etc

So i need some "Bench" PC now. Need to be stable and need to run 24/7. I want it strong so im thinking about AMD as its cheap (almost).

NOTICE: I will not gaming on this "bench" PC it will mostly be for "browsing" and keeping some bots online... so need to be stable..

Ok so i use to on fast pc as i own 9900k so i guess CPU should be fast as him? i was having for "bench" till now 8700k but i sold it as i needed some money so i want new "bench" PC now...

1. What AMD Ryzen CPU do you recommend?

2. What AMD CPU is the most stable 24/7

3. What Motherboard do you recommend with it?

It would be good new generation so it support NVME SSDs also

Questions are kinda dumb but i repeat i have never have any interest in AMD till now.

Appreciate your help guys.

Solution
Can't tell you on everything, but to give you an idea, in benchmarks, a ryzen 3600x, which is about a 200 dollar CPU in the USA, matches up pretty evenly with the i7 8700k.

Have a read at this article. It might give you a better idea than I can explain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...yzen-9_3900x-vs-intel-core_i7-9900k,6225.html

I've owned amd stuff for a while. The new ryzen CPUs have really closed the gap. As far as your questions, I'll try to help answer some of them.

Question 1.

Depends what your usage is and how much power you want. The popular option on a budget is the 3600/3600x.

Question 2.

24/7 stable. I can't say I run mine 24/7. But I've owned a ryzen 1600 and now a...
Can't tell you on everything, but to give you an idea, in benchmarks, a ryzen 3600x, which is about a 200 dollar CPU in the USA, matches up pretty evenly with the i7 8700k.

Have a read at this article. It might give you a better idea than I can explain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...yzen-9_3900x-vs-intel-core_i7-9900k,6225.html

I've owned amd stuff for a while. The new ryzen CPUs have really closed the gap. As far as your questions, I'll try to help answer some of them.

Question 1.

Depends what your usage is and how much power you want. The popular option on a budget is the 3600/3600x.

Question 2.

24/7 stable. I can't say I run mine 24/7. But I've owned a ryzen 1600 and now a 1700x. So each are a couple of years old. I sold the 1600 as part of a system to someone, and so far haven't heard of any issues. My 1700x seems fine. No issues, and I'm running it overclocked as well.

Question 3.

So the way the motherboard works, these are the popular ones now

A320(don't buy this. Very basic boards, no overclocking less options)

B450(mid range boards. Decent if you need some features. Allow for overclocking etc)

X570(these are your enthusiast boards with more advanced overclocking, usually better power delivery etc)

Personally I have a b350 board, which is an older version of the b450. Mine allows 2 m.2 slots. Currently have an nvme drive installed, and works great as my boot drive.

For your needs, you probably want to look at the x570 boards. I don't have experience with those specifically. At least when the older x370 boards were popular, the ASRock x370 taichi boards were supposed to be good.

For the CPU, you might look into the 3900x, or the 3700x. The 3900x I believe is 12 core 24 threads. 3700x I think is 8 core, 12 threads. If you went the 3600x I talked about earlier, it would be 6 cores, 12 threads.

Keep in mind none of these CPUs have integrated graphics. If you need integrated graphics you would want the 3200g which is a quad core part, or the 3400g which should be 4 cores 8 threads and have integrated graphics. The other chips you would need a graphics card for.

If you sacrifice a little performance, you can get the older ryzen CPUs for less. It looks like the 2700x, which was one of last year's flagship models, is under 200 dollars. I think I've seen it as low as 150 over Christmas time.

I'll let some others weigh in, but this should get you started.

Reactions: Power94
Solution
CPU "satbility" is a function of temperature, VRM and PSU. Any CPU will be rock stable if those conditions are met. There's also question of RAM and it's stability as well as peripherals.
For ultimate stability, underclock and undervolt + oversized cooling and an UPS of course.