Not open for further replies.

Estix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

Read the article again, friend :)

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Why are we still on dual and quad core?!! Is it because anything multithreaded should run on a GPGPU and anything not multithreaded should run on a single core CPU, and they are only doing dual and quad core for certain legacy software?

demonSE

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
The program combines one of AMD's new R-series CPUs with DISCRETE Radeon E6460 or E6760 graphics.

Do people even read before posting anymore? - Evolution of the internet dwellers.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009

Never felt the need to go intel just because I couldnt justify the cost to myself. Now I have a 3570k powering my machine, go figure ay =)

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
In case there is still confusion, these are embedded chips are low-TDP (17-35w) intended for things like NAS controllers the require x86, or other systems that require a reasonable amount of compute power.

But after reading the TPU source, I don't quite understand what other embedded applications would demand or benefit from a discrete video card. The first thing that occurs to me is something like a video game or slot machine. But they don't really enumerate specifics.

I'm not a big fan, but digital billboards and store signage seems to be quite a burgeoning market ...

jdlobb

Honorable
May 16, 2013
In case there is still confusion, these are embedded chips are low-TDP (17-35w) intended for things like NAS controllers the require x86, or other systems that require a reasonable amount of compute power.

But after reading the TPU source, I don't quite understand what other embedded applications would demand or benefit from a discrete video card. The first thing that occurs to me is something like a video game or slot machine. But they don't really enumerate specifics.

Embedded CPUs are used in everything from billboards and slot machines to cars and missles.

Status
Not open for further replies.