AMD Announces New Titles for Gaming Evolved Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
I still say it's better to worry more about the hardware/price rather than the games included. I can only imagine that AMD gets a pretty nice deal doing this, though.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

The "Gaming Evolved Program" is different from "The Never Settle Program". We don't know what games AMD is going to be offering 'if' they have another "Never Settle" deal.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - meh
Final Fantasy XIV - horribly botched launch and a asian rpg, so its grind heavy with little end game content
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded- the good days are far behind this game
Murdered: Soul Suspect - looks interesting but only saw a teaser so far
Pirate 101 - this is a fisher price my first mmo right?
Shadow of the Eternals - eternal darkness successor from what im hearing in the 9 minutes of gameplay thing on youtube... it may be good, but this is SO not a game i would play on a pc. they tricked people that their system was breaking, among other things, and while thats cool and all on a console, that is not something i want on the pc
Thief - i have heard good and really bad about this game, but nothing to show for it yet.

but thats just my opinion on them.

SuperGamerBoy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Nvidia may have made a huge mistake by not developing hardware for the next-gen consoles and looking at this i dont see a chance of me buying an nvidia gpu again for a couple of years now(Tressfx tomb raider, remember) but again thats just me.

Not sure how your outrage is justified by that list of games, or TressFX for that matter.

There are those who question whether AMD has made a huge mistake by focusing all its resources on console gaming at the expense of its PC gaming efforts.

The leak was listing Grid 2, Company of Heroes 2, Total War Rome 2, Splinter Cell Blacklists, Lost Planet 3, BF4, Raven's Cry and Watch Dogs.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/Upcoming-Never-Settle-Bundle-Games-Leaked

So from the list:
Grid 2 was sponsored by intel
BF4 i heard nothing official yet but most likely will be amd gaming evolved title
COH 2 and Total war both are Sega's but so far i can find any info linking those two with amd gaming evolved title. The same goes with Raven's Cry.
Splinter Cell Blacklists are confirm to be nvidia title.
As for watch dogs it seems it will go to nvidia as well when the game was listed as one of game nvidia work with during E3
Lost Planet 3 allready appear in geforce.com game section so it might be nvidia title as well.

Some people mentioning gaming evolved and never settle program are separate initiative but did the bundle giving away non gaming evolved title?

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Sorry man, this is only true for Saint Row 3. SR3 is an exception for unknown reason. I put the blame on developer, not AMD. I havent of other Gaming evolved title had this issue.

redeemer

Distinguished

Nvidia does not have the technology to develop for next-gen

jrstriker12

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

Looks like EA and Dice walked AMD's any claim that BF4 has any exclusivity in optimization: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/20/battlefield-4-optimized-for-amd-doesnt-apply-to-every-frostbite-3-game/

DICE has a partnership with AMD specifically for Battlefield 4 on PC to showcase and optimize the game for AMD hardware,” an EA spokesperson told IGN. “This does not exclude DICE from working with other partners to ensure players have a great experience across a wide set of PCs for all their titles.”

some of the title i never heard of but Castlevania has been confirmed will be released by Konami on PC. Maybe they want to get more revenue from the title. i heard the same about MGS: Revengence. Also Final Fantasy XIV is MMORPG from Square Enix that will be available on both console (PS3) and PC. Lastly the new Thief will also head to PC in 2014 if i'm not mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.