AMD Announces Radeon Pro WX 2100, 3100 For Workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynes

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
What is this nonsense. People in the media industry I know ate buying twin GTX 1080 Ti card, and they are still not anywhere near enough to process their footage realtime full resolution. GPU's maybe a much faster accelerator for processing odd high end video codec types, but something like the redrocket x processing array cards are far better. It would pay these companies to incorporate some higher efficiency general purpose processing array on "workstation" cards. Requires a lot less silicon than gpu's. The onboard storage of AMD's media card recent also helps, reducing the data bottleneck, but it was still an old GPU a architecture.

Apr 6, 2016
WRONG. You morons need to realize geforce can NOT edit 10-bit content. ONLY Quadro can. I own a P600 and others and would never buy AMD. Pro apps support CUDA and not AMD. NVIDIA also provides better drivers and support, that's why you pay MORE. They are for BUSINESSES and businesses get support that gamers do not. My P600 beats the snot out of a 1080 for h.264 transcode. The Quadro also has 4 DP 1.4, which is more than the AMD. It draws less power also and has higher clock speeds. With tax it is a $188 card.

ILM use Quadro and they wrote their own software for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.