News AMD Announces Ryzen 9 3900 and Ryzen 5 3500X For OEMs

eye4bear

Honorable
Jul 12, 2018
This is an article about a processor we can not buy directly and another processor that will only be sold in one market. I seriously doubt anyone in China reads this newsletter. So really, did we need to know this information?

So really, did we need to know this information?
Information has already been out there about the existence of these processors for some time, and Tom's was reporting about them last month, so it's worth updating people about just what sort of availability they will have.

I'm not surprised that the 3500X is an OEM part, seeing as the similarly pared-down 2500X was as well. Though in that case, they cut the chip down to 4-cores with 8-threads rather than 6-cores with 6-threads. Overall performance probably wouldn't be too different either way, but it's likely more marketable as a 6-core processor.

joeblowsmynose

Distinguished
This is an article about a processor we can not buy directly and another processor that will only be sold in one market. I seriously doubt anyone in China reads this newsletter. So really, did we need to know this information?

Many people already knew that a 3900 existed, because someone broke a bunch of extreme OC records with one. But there was no indication that this chip would be OEM only. So yes, we did need that info. I for one was holding off on buying a 3900x to see about what this 3900 non-z that I knew existed, was all about.

Pretty much the same thing for the 3500x. Many people were wondering if these would just be OEM parts - this article gave that answer.

Ooops, I see Cryoburner responded already with the same sentiment.

sonic.millenium

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Oh don't sweat it people! Coming soon to a QuietPC near you :D (no affiliation, they seriously have almost everything, like the 2700E)