[SOLVED] AMD APU Problem, *Trying to enable dual graphics*

Oct 15, 2018
So, 2 days ago. I've been experimenting with my friend's old pc and I've been trying to enable dual graphics as it uses a Sapphire R7 250. The only problem is, as soon as I get pass the windows logo it just puts me on a black screen. I cannot move anything, it's just a whole black screen where I can't control anything. I thought at first it could be a cable problem as it uses both VGA and HDMI. I tried switching between the two but I still get the same result. Could this be a driver problem? Because I highly doubt it is, as I performed a clean removal with DDU and clean installation with the newest driver 18.10.1. If anyone can help me with this I highly appreciate it, thank you.

CPU: AMD A10-7860k
iGPU: Radeon R7
GPU: Sapphire R7 250
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GAF2A68HMH

Solution
Dual graphics from AMD was more of a gimmick than a real world possibility since they tried it on previous APU's and they soon gave up on the path. Your best route would be to pick up a more powerful GPU, like an R9 series(provided you don't run into PSU issues) and forgo the dual graphics. If you went through the reviews, you'll see, like SLI, game supporting the technology is minimal or the results are not worth the money invested nor the power drawn by the system.

Lutfij

Titan
Dual graphics from AMD was more of a gimmick than a real world possibility since they tried it on previous APU's and they soon gave up on the path. Your best route would be to pick up a more powerful GPU, like an R9 series(provided you don't run into PSU issues) and forgo the dual graphics. If you went through the reviews, you'll see, like SLI, game supporting the technology is minimal or the results are not worth the money invested nor the power drawn by the system.

Solution