AMD ASUS NVIDIA build

mfatihkom

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Hello All,

I have been looking around for reviews, benchmarks and forums for a week now to build a new gaming rig since my last built has completed its life already. I don't even remember when i bought it.

Anyways, as a fanboy i will stick with amd, asus, nvidia trio again for my new build. As i read from here and there i am at the right direction. But of course it would be arrogant not to ask your opinions about my build as a whole. You see, i only read about pc components when i need to buy them. So i may be missing a point while choosing some of the parts.

I am asking for your directions, opinions and your expertise. Enough of the flattering and let's start:

Motherboard
Asus MB M4N98TD EVO AMD AM3 nF980a SLI PCI-E 2 ATX New

CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Six Core 3.2 GHz 9MB Black Edition 938p AM3

GPU
ASUS ENGTX460 (256Bit)1GB DDR5 2DVI HDMI16X

Monitor
24" LG W2486L LED 2MS

Case

Thermaltake V6 BlacX Edition Gaming Chassis Mid Tower Steel Computer Case BlacX Top Mounted HDD Docking Station VM100M1W2Z

Power Supply
THERMALTAKE LITEPOWER 600W 12 Cm Fan Atx 2.3

Memory
Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9/4G

That's it.

Before you say something, i am not sure about the case and the power supply. I chose them without having any technical idea. If you can suggest a case that would keep it cool and a power supply that would keep my electrical bills low while sustaining my system stable that would be great.

Looking forward to hear your opinions without derailing from teh topic. :bounce:

mfatihkom

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I forgot to add that i am going to use it for gaming obviously. Also I don't really prefer OCing the system. Please consider the build as there won't be any overclocking(at least for sometime).

Thank you.

banthracis

Distinguished
Fill out the form in the sticky, link in my sig.

ex, if you plan on sli down the road, you really shouldn't be using AMD at all. That mobo is very old and chipset support is very lacking.

Gaming doesn't need a x6 CPU, an x4 955 is enough.

Regardless both AM3 and 1156 are now dead, so bad time to buy a new PC. Just wait till SB is back/Bulldozer comes out.

That PSU is very bad. Worst mistake is to buy a crappy PSU and fry your expensive system. Go with Antec TP or earthwatts, Corsair, XFX or seasonic.

mfatihkom

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011

Well, yea

I am not going for the extremely high priced parts. Also I am trying to keep performance/price ratio high without sacrificing too much.

mfatihkom

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: in two months

Budget Range: 1000$-1600$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, HDD, DVD-RAM

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: www.newegg.com

Country of Origin:

Parts Preferences: AMD, ASUS, NVIDIA

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe