Amd athlon ii x3 445 or intel pentium g630 for gaming

jithin_20

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
I am looking for a.new processr at low pricing. in my mind.. i gt pentium g630 and amd x3 445! Wch one should i go for? Guys.. pls help me :sarcastic:

Solution
Pentium all the way!

If you're not getting a graphics card, then don't get the pentium. Get an apu. A few cheap ones out there, like the a6.

jithin_20

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

Am hvng zotac geftce 210 1gb graphic wt me! So wch pentium or athlon x3 445

lchrisk

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

Since I know you won't be playing bf3 and games like that, I suggest the Pentium. More upgrade path in the future too.

It's a great processor for the money. Go with it.

Incorrect. My rig posts 64.7 FPS in uniengine heaven 1920x1080 @ 4xMSAA, 4xAF with an overclocked x3 455. The games I play (borderlands 2, Metro 2033, deus ex) average 50-60 fps with the same settings (DoF off, of course).

To the OP; pacioli's solution requires the least amount of work. the G630 will also give you a longer upgrade path. If you think you'll want to replace the processor in the next year or so, and you don't want to mess with overclocking, go with the pentium.

If you plan on keeping the processor for longer than a year *and* you are willing to overclock, the x3 will give you better performance right now.

good luck!

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

Those are modern processors...
They both will run any modern game just fine.
The limit would be with graphics. A geforce 210 isn't very powerful but either of those processors will be a great start for a system.
I'd go with the pentium just because you can upgrade the processor in the future. The 445 runs great and I've used it in many systems.
Before upgrading the processor I'd change the geforce 210.

Ignore the troll.

Exactly.

A recent SBM experiment achieved excellent frame rates in games by using a Celeron with very high-end graphics. It performed poorly in non-gaming tasks (and was ultimately not recommended as a great idea), but it was a very interesting build.

The comments about an upgrade path with S1155 should be the most relevant. In your place, I'd get the Pentium, especially if this frees up money to upgrade your graphics card. If you want to play games, try to get at least a GDDR5 version of the HD6670.

jithin_20

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
I ll nt b anymr upgradng my systm as am hvng a lap.
So this wll b my last upgrad.. and i nly switch on my pc just to spent tyms on games , movies and songs.. nthng more... so wat shld i duu