AMD Athlon Or Celeron(R)?

Feb 24, 2018
I have a low specs Computer, and i want to play Resident Evil 4. For this, i researched for the requirements to run at my PC, and I discovered that it is minimally necessary an AMD Athlon to run the game, there arose the doubt, because my pc has a Celeron (R) of 2.27 GHz.

What is the best, AMD Athlon 1 GHz, OR a Celeron(R) 2.27GHz?

Solution
The min requirements of RE 4 include a Pentium III or an Athlon running at 1ghz or greater. The GPU requirements are obviously pretty minimal by today's standards. It's a win2k/XP game. As long as it installs then you can *probably* play it but I can't guarantee anything.

larkspur

Distinguished
The min requirements of RE 4 include a Pentium III or an Athlon running at 1ghz or greater. The GPU requirements are obviously pretty minimal by today's standards. It's a win2k/XP game. As long as it installs then you can *probably* play it but I can't guarantee anything.

Solution
Feb 24, 2018

My Pc specifications:

Celeron(R) 2.27 GHz
1.18 GB RAM memory
64mb UniChrome Pro IGP

larkspur

Distinguished
The 64mb frame buffer on the IGP might be a problem. Try to increase that if you can (option to change it is usually found in the BIOS). It might dynamically increase automatically, I'm not sure because I'm not familiar with those IGPs.

This iGPU uses the system RAM for vRAM, it doesn't have its own dedicated RAM soldered on the motherboard. He should try to increase the size of the vRAM buffer if he can in the BIOS. It may be set to not accept more than 64MB though.

@ edsuhthenewbie: Your PC is rather old. Probably built around 2004. The CPU is based on the Pentium 4 technology, which isn't that great. Ideally you should start looking into ways to get a newer PC, or perhaps a used PC. You might try a used office PC. I see those sell for under $100, and it would be a significant improvement over what you have now. I know that's not exactly what you are looking for, and you may be able to run Resident Evil 4 OK with the settings turned down on that PC, but you should still start thinking about getting something newer. That PC you have now won't last forever.