[SOLVED] AMD card on a Gsync monitor, or stick with Nvidia?

So I really want to upgrade my GPU for Battlefield V.
I've been rocking my 980ti for almost 4years. I'm looking at 2070 Super or 5700XT.

MSI 2070 Super gaming x trio : $585usd
Asus ROG Strix 5700xt : $485

5700xt edges out 2070 Super at 1440p in BFV. But if I go AMD then I can't use Gsync on my monitor. Seems like it kills the point of the monitor if not used.

What do you guys think?

Solution
Well that 2070 super is hard to justify at $100 more. Don't want a founders 2070 super? I currently own the founders 2070 super i got for $500 and am very happy with it. It wont be as quiet or cool as well as that MSI trio card obviously but the VRM on the founders is as good or better. Stock mine does 1860mhz under full load at 70c.

I also own the PG279Q and I don't think I could give up adaptive refresh rate after using it for so long. It would be nice if you could use a gsync monitor as a freesync monitor, one of the downsides of gsync.

Personally I would look for a cheaper 2070 super, I couldn't give up gsync.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well that 2070 super is hard to justify at $100 more. Don't want a founders 2070 super? I currently own the founders 2070 super i got for $500 and am very happy with it. It wont be as quiet or cool as well as that MSI trio card obviously but the VRM on the founders is as good or better. Stock mine does 1860mhz under full load at 70c.

I also own the PG279Q and I don't think I could give up adaptive refresh rate after using it for so long. It would be nice if you could use a gsync monitor as a freesync monitor, one of the downsides of gsync.

Solution
Well t........one of the downsides of gsync.

Had thought about getting FE instead but can't find it locally and in States it seems to be about same price as MSI Trio anyways. (btw, I'm buying outside US)

I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get the 2070 Super, or just wait for new cards next summer. Tough call. Kinda feel stuck with Nvidia cuz of monitor.