News AMD Casts Shade on its RX 7000-Series Value Proposition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
What is happening today? Tech giants are on a firing spree from dwindling sales. They exhausted the market willing to spend on overpriced crap
Did AMD or Nvidia have layoffs? LinkedIn keeps telling me Nvidia has a job posting that's a good match for me.

Intel did, but that's a very big company with a whole lot of problems, not least of which is the super-late rollout of Sapphire Rapids. That delay hurt them grievously, and is unrelated to the macroeconomic problems but still compounded by them.

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
I checked the prices today on Amazon and prices are starting to come down. The 7900 XTX already is discounted by Amazon and is selling for $1079 which is down from MSRP of $1199 and the 7900 XT is less than $899.

Reactions: bit_user
I checked the prices today on Amazon and prices are starting to come down. The 7900 XTX already is discounted by Amazon and is selling for $1079 which is down from MSRP of $1199 and the 7900 XT is less than $899.
Please note that the RX 7900 XTX official starting price is supposed to be $999. The RX 7900 XT is supposed to be $899. So $1,079 or $1,069 is still above MSRP, though relatively close all things considered.

Reactions: KyaraM and bit_user