AMD Catalyst 13.4 install issue

Buburash

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Hello , i have a problem regarding amd catalyst 13.4 installation and i can't seem to be able to fix it.
I have win 7 32bit with Ati HD7750 1gb ddr5 graphics card installed and active , and until today i had version 13.1 of amd catalyst. I wanted to update to 13.4 and i made the mistake of doing so over the previous files (no fresh install). The version was still 13.1 , so i uninstalled everything that has to do with amd software through the catalyst install manager.
A reboot was in order , after which i proceeded with what should have been a clean install , but the setup only displayed 2 items : http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4082/5vsh.jpg

....instead of the normal list of 6-7 items which especially includes display driver.

The same setup options remain even now , and i've tried also the following possible solutions :

- Driver Sweeper analyse & clean "Ati - Display"
- manual display driver install through Device Manager & update driver from C:\AMD\Support
- tried reinstall of version 13.1 , the only difference from 13.4 is one extra install option in catalyst install manager , an option called "AMD APP SDK Runtime"
- installed and ran AMD Catalyst Un-install utility , which apparently removed everything including 13.1 setup folder

Before and after each of these solutions i rebooted my system and tried a fresh install of amd catalyst 13.4 , it continues to display only those 2 options.
Even if i proceed with the install , at the end it says that the software was installed with warning ("?" question icon) , and when i view the log the installs were successful.

I don't know what the problem is , this has never happened to me before , now i can't even install an older version. It's an incredibly weird and annoying problem , and no my system doesn't have virus.

If anyone can shed some light on the situation and provide assistance , i would appreciate it!

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
download and install the latest 13.8 beta they just released and before you do it. make sure to run the uninstaller before you install it. you will have to reboot and then run the installer again so make sure you put it in a location that you can find easily. after installing it wont require you to restart but I find its best to power off your computer and then do a fresh boot. hope this helps.

Buburash

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Unfortunately i've tried your solution goodguy713 , and with 13.8 beta i get the same , even an extra error for the catalyst install manager -

Maybe it's a registry problem ?? Perhaps i should look for a reg cleaner , hmm.....

Buburash

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I've used the AMD Catalyst Un-install application , but i can also use the normal uninstall using the catalyst install manager. And no , i'm installing on the main os drive C:\ (even if i choose different partition the setup will still display 2 items)