AMD Catalyst Control Center won't install

TheSocialBanana

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
Ok, so I decided to crossfire my two graphics cards (R9 280x and 7970, they are compatible) using AMD's catalyst control center. After this, I realised new drivers were available and started to update them, mistakenly not uninstalling the current drivers.After realising my mistake I uninstalled all AMD-related drivers and folders using a driver cleaner and used the catalyst installer to install the new drivers. However, when I do this, no drivers are installed, Catalyst Control Center isn't installed, and the destination folder is just a copy of the folder I installed from. When I check the graphics cards in device manager, the driver is just called 'Standard VGA graphics adapter'.

I can install the drivers manually, but I still need Catalyst installed to set up crossfire and eyefinity etc. Any help would be appreciated :)

P.S. I am using 64-bit Windows 7

TheSocialBanana

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

I have tried removing and reinstalling drivers in safe mode (to no avail), however I have lots of data on my hard drive that would be very hard to recover, are you sure there is no other way other than to reinstall Windows?

TheSocialBanana

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

Tried this, no luck :(