AMD Catalyst Control Center won't install

TheSocialBanana

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
Ok, so I decided to crossfire my two graphics cards (R9 280x and 7970, they are compatible) using AMD's catalyst control center. After this, I realised new drivers were available and started to update them, mistakenly not uninstalling the current drivers.After realising my mistake I uninstalled all AMD-related drivers and folders using a driver cleaner and used the catalyst installer to install the new drivers. However, when I do this, no drivers are installed, Catalyst Control Center isn't installed, and the destination folder is just a copy of the folder I installed from. When I check the graphics cards in device manager, the driver is just called 'Standard VGA graphics adapter'.

I can install the drivers manually, but I still need Catalyst installed to set up crossfire and eyefinity etc. Any help would be appreciated :)

P.S. I am using 64-bit Windows 7

Solution
Not sure what went wrong, but it seems that you have to prepare it for Windows reinstall.
You can move the needed files to a different partition (if available).

TheSocialBanana

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

I have tried removing and reinstalling drivers in safe mode (to no avail), however I have lots of data on my hard drive that would be very hard to recover, are you sure there is no other way other than to reinstall Windows?