AMD Catalyst Drivers Not Installing: "Application Install: install package failure!"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esspy2

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I ordered the new R9 290 from newegg, but then when I tried to install the drivers for it through the Sapphire disk, I encounter the message: "Application Install: install package faliure!" Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Disk install hasn't worked, direct website install hasn't worked; they all have the same error.

Solution
Did you install graphic card first, before installing drivers, or you tried to install drivers while running Intel graphics?

1. Install driver fusion
2. Uninstall Intel graphic driver.
3. Reboot in safe mode
4. Clean Intel and AMD drivers with driver fusion.
5. Shut down.
6. Unplug your computer.
7. Install new graphic card in PCI-E 16x slot (upper one if you have more than one)
8. Plug all the required power connectors in your card.
9. Plug monitor into your new graphic card.
10. Plug back powercord into your computer.
11. Boot into windows and install new drivers and application profiles (they are separate files)

If above doesn't work, you may have a bad card. Buy the way, what is your powersupply?

Post system specs, please.

sajjads24

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016

THAAAAAANKS Worked 100% ♥.

jnk3976

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2015
Finally solved this thanks to tanaya-yt, after trying everything else.

An old thread but I thought I'd add my fix for those who may still have this issue.

Tanaya-yt's post directed me to check Event Viewer and my issue was with the MsiInstaller; it could not access the network location G;\Users\Default\Desktop\. You see, I moved my user folders to another drive, drive G and when I edited the registry, I used a semicolon instead of a colon. I fixed the registry entries and installed AMD Catalyst with no issues.