[SOLVED] AMD Chipset drivers are not installing and not in programs and features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2021
I can't install the latest B550 chipset drivers because it literally won't let me. Every time I try to download it, a message pops up, "This installer is intended to be deployed only on an AMD system. Exiting installation as the requirement is not satisfied." I use a Ryzen 7 3700X on a B550 mobo. I've tried so many things to get around this. I've tried installing in safe mode, install in a clean boot, use ddu, etc. I was also told many times to uninstall the previous drivers, but I literally don't even have them too. In my programs and features, there is no "AMD Chipset Driver" file in there, so I can't install a previous driver if I wanted to. How can I install the newest drivers and have the amd chipset driver file in my system? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
D
You said in your post that you moved the drive from an old machine to a new one. If that’s true you need to do a clean windows install. No amount of resets are going to work and no in place upgrades will work either you need to format the drive and reinstall windows

I wish folks around here would just remember if you move a drive from one machine you can’t plug it into another one and expected to boot and run. No matter what you’ve heard it’s not true if you move to a new machine you must reinstall windows clean or you will have nothing but problems
Feb 13, 2021
When did you install Windows? Is it a recent install?

EDIT: This is pretty old but might prove helpful:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-chipset-driver-not-installing-fix
I installed windows i’d say a year ago. I just did an in-place upgrade today so I have the latest build of windows 10

EDIT: I looked at the link you provided and it doesn’t help me for my specific case unfortunately. And I moved the drive from my old build containing the os to my current build

I installed windows i’d say a year ago. I just did an in-place upgrade today so I have the latest build of windows 10

EDIT: I looked at the link you provided and it doesn’t help me for my specific case unfortunately. And I moved the drive from my old build containing the os to my current build
Try to delete old drivers with this https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

D

Deleted member 14196

You said in your post that you moved the drive from an old machine to a new one. If that’s true you need to do a clean windows install. No amount of resets are going to work and no in place upgrades will work either you need to format the drive and reinstall windows

I wish folks around here would just remember if you move a drive from one machine you can’t plug it into another one and expected to boot and run. No matter what you’ve heard it’s not true if you move to a new machine you must reinstall windows clean or you will have nothing but problems

Solution
.... And I moved the drive from my old build containing the os to my current build

That most likely is at the root of your problem. It's highly likely there's an old entry or setting in the registry that the new chip installer sees and doesn't like. You can spend an enormous amount of time chasing down these types of problems as they pop up months later...or just do a clean install. That's why it's so strongly recommended when changing hardware.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021
That most likely is at the root of your problem. It's highly likely there's an old entry or setting in the registry that the new chip installer sees and doesn't like. You can spend an enormous amount of time chasing down these types of problems as they pop up months later...or just do a clean install. That's why it's so strongly recommended when changing hardware.
Yeah I might as well do a clean install. I’ll try it today and see if the problem still persists

Feb 13, 2021

I guess I learned that the hard way lol. But i’m gonna try a clean install today. I don’t think the problem should still exist afterwards

Feb 13, 2021

THANK YOU. I did a clean install and it’s installing the chipset driver. Thank you so much man

Reactions: ChangeinPortland
Status
Not open for further replies.