AMD Clarifies Radeon R9 Battlefield 4 Never Settle Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get people who complain "I bought my card too weeks again, I demand some backwards redemption of my BF4 code!!!"... they do realize that AMD is bundling in BF4 to boost R9 series sales AFTER it has slowed down right?

Jordan Nwokolo

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
Meh !! when i heard their previous announcement(about BF4 Game bundle) i'm so exicited and have a plan to buy that card,but now they broke my heart...so i had no choice but to give my money to GTX 780 and got free Batman AO,AC Black Flag and splinter cell..Good Bye AMD

ninjustin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
I bought a 7950 right before AMD offered their first Never Settle Bundle. Was I pissed? No. I bought the product I bought. Don't rush out and buy something and be pissed when a better deal comes around. That is always going to happen eventually.

FreyjasChosen

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
So I bought an R9 280X one week before they announced this, and they're appreciating that by passing out Facebook keys that are gone in a split second? Bullshit.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
I guess I'm one of the few people that reads the product page.... If it doesn't have the deal on the page then I assume that it doesn't come with it. I can't see someone who is into tech getting fooled. I doubt non-techies were even effect because they most likely don't even visit sites like this to even hear about the deal. You only had what??? One day till it was cleared up....

People just love to get pissed off about nothing.

So you bought the 780 yesterday? Stop trolling. AMD is the only reason you have those free games & price tag anyway. Be thankful for competition for when you go with the red or green team.

Thomzey

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
"So I bought an R9 280X one week before they announced this, and they're appreciating that by passing out Facebook keys that are gone in a split second? Bullshit."

They are doing it randomly though the AMD Gaming Evolved app not on FB or twitter
but it still sucks that people who brought the cards before this bundle was available don't get codes for being loyal fans, but i guess that's just how it works, so stop complaining.

jurassic512

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
AMD probably changed their mind when they started seeing all the people that are having problems with the game as far as the crashing, bugs and glitches are concerned. BF4 is the worst AAA title game release... ever.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
This is roll of the dice. Sometimes you win...sometimes you don't. The important thing is you still end up with an awesome video card.

Aug 6, 2013
I dont know of a single graphics card sold in all of Japan that gets any `Free` game; and every card is more expensive here than almost anywhere else I know.
No worries. Life is full of swings and roundabouts.

Aug 6, 2013

If rental charge is a dollar a day. :heink:

Do they think you owe $165.... :pt1cable: ?

($200 as part of 365 days per a year)

nachochease

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
I'm one of those who bought a R9 280X specifically so I could play BF4. I don't really feel bitter, but I can understand why a lot of people do. One of the most anticipated games of the year is due to be released, AMD releases a slew of new video cards just ahead of that games launch, and then three weeks later their like "oh yeah, now if you buy one of those video cards we'll throw in BF4 for free."

Now it seems clear that this was a dick move by EA, which doesn't surprise me. There's no way AMD would want to piss off their customers like this. Now the next time AMD releases a new video card, everyone's going to hold off buying it in the belief that a better deal may be just around the corner.

jdon

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
@Roger Rogers,

Naw, his set is worth $180 since it's been used for a year, he's still got $15 to whine about! XD :p

IndustryStandard

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

Where's my $15?!
On a side note, why do people ever rent furniture/electronics?

Aug 6, 2013

Planning a moonlight flit to Africa with a container of goods?

IndustryStandard

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

I would make a run for Canada or Mexico instead. Having a stable power grid would really up the value of the "rentals"..

Status
Not open for further replies.