[SOLVED] AMD cleanup utility broke network drivers

KeyRoll

Prominent
May 1, 2019
Hi, I've encountered this issue with AMD cleanup utility where its killed my Realtek PCIe Family controller, the Realtek RTL 8188EU WLAN drivers, and the PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller.
I've tried for at least 6 hours, trying to install the first 2 network drivers on 3DP net and on Realtek's website through a usb stick, but 3dp just says that everything is up to date and my drivers are working well.
The PCI e/d controller drivers arent installed (code 28) and the network drivers both are still saying that 'windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device's (code 56)
Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
UPDATE: I formatted my PC and reset windows and everything cleared up - now I've got to solve the root issue of my 144hz monitor turning off on frequently when I play games

KeyRoll

Prominent
May 1, 2019
My specs are:

-Ryzen 5 1600 (previously OC'd to 3.8ghz but set back to stock after this issue appeared)
-MSI B350 KRAIT motherboard
-AMD wraith prism cooler
-Aorus RX580 8gb (recently repasted)
-16gb corsair vengeance RGB 3200mhz
-1tb Samsung EVO
I plugged in a wireless TPLink USB dongle recently to see if I could connect to the internet but to no avail.

KeyRoll

Prominent
May 1, 2019
The error message when I try to update the chipset drivers seem to be 'Error 1720. There is a problem with Windows Installer package'. I remember that the AMD cleanup utility said it wouldn't remove any chipset drivers, but I guess it might of

KeyRoll

Prominent
May 1, 2019
I'm pretty sure the windows is up to date - version 1909.
Im almost certain I downloaded the correct driver off AMD's website, but I'll try again just in case

KeyRoll

Prominent
May 1, 2019
Didn't seem to work; it really doesnt help that I dont have internet access with the affected computer. I've tried unregistering the windows installer package but it doesnt work.

KeyRoll

Prominent
May 1, 2019
UPDATE: I formatted my PC and reset windows and everything cleared up - now I've got to solve the root issue of my 144hz monitor turning off on frequently when I play games

Solution