AMD Closes Below $8: Wall Street not Happy with Delays

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sailer

Splendid

I just hope this Black Edition is an improved chip. Otherwise it will be meaningless to overclockers. I mean, if it heats up and fries with simple attempts of overclocking, raising the multiplier would just let it fry that much faster. Still, its nice to see this Black Edition come out.

I saw this coming. Its sad. Not due to the market since as I explained beofre that the main hits to the market were the mortgage and sub prime areas. Mainly banks and financial instatutions.

AMD is the only technology sector company that is down this much. Intel goes up and down, MS goes up and down, Google goes up up and then down. AMD goes down, down, down then up then down again.

And BM quit your whole corporate slave BS. Anyone who buys into the iPod hype when Creative labs Zens are better are corporate slaves. Anyone who only buys one product out of preference is a corporate slave. Anyone who suggest a inferior product to a superior one out of preference is a corporate slave. BM you are AMDs corporate sales person. You seriuosly should do their marketing since you are their corporate slave.

intelamduser

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2004

Last night I stooped at the store and thought instead of that 12 pack I could by a couple of AMD shares.

I went ahead and bought the 12 pack thinking by the time I finsihed it off I might be able to by the same thing for the cost of a six pack and that I really need to get myself snookered enough to to it anyway.

It's damn inviting though, $8 to maybe $16 could happen if things were to fall into place, a lot of falling will need to take place.