Status
Not open for further replies.

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
Hey guys! My friend has brought over his broken Ryzen 3 2200g for me to find out the issue. He managed to bend the pins, but I fixed it by unbending it. However it looks like one pin was snapped in half, only one. And it is one in the corner.

Here is the picture:
http://

So if you can see in the corner, the corner pin is half the height it originally was, but all the others pins are fine.

I wanted to ask about something a person showed me, it was this chart that shows every singles pin use and the importants pins - of a list of CPUs and wanted to know if someone has one of the Ryzen 3 2200g so I can see if the pin I broke was useless or essential, thanks guys!

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018

Yeah I'm running an Intel system so I'll wait for him to see if it works

MERGED QUESTION
Question from normiecs23 : "About Ryzen CPU pins"

You could try Unicorn tears, or butterfly kisses. Seriously, you can't "solder" a broken CPU back together. Even if you managed to create a solid solder weld on one of those tiny pins, it would either create so much heat that you'd likely damage something internally OR would likely never sit right in the socket again.

If that CPU works 100% normally EXCEPT for the integrated graphics, I'd recommend just using it with a GPU card, even a relatively weaker one, if it's not for gaming. If it is for gaming, then the integrated graphics weren't going to cut it anyhow.

And really, who buys busted hardware and actually expects to get it working right again? If it does, wonderful, that's a score. If not, you didn't really expect it to, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.