AMD CPU reaches 95-100 degrees CELSIUS after CLEANING ! Need help !

Z3KT0R

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016
Okay, this a second thread to my previous problem where my cpu reach 90-95 now it's reaching 95-100 degrees just by browsing and watching poor 480p quality on youtube so that it wont overheat. It's so annoying on how much stuff i need to limit on for ex: Being on Power saver mode, reduce Cpu clock speed to an half, watching videos on non-HD, limit games by playing only low-spec games

My specs : A10-5750M, Amd radeon 8650g+8670M 2gb ddr3 dual graphics, 8gb ram.
=================================================================
It's been 2 years now i have this notebook : Hp Pavilion 17"

It's started heating at 90 degrees Celsius in IDLE so I've started opening up, Cleaning all the dust and applied new fresh thermal paste.

Now that i've booted up, NOTHING changed exact same temps !

Here's a screenshot of the temps : https://gyazo.com/af50f3c90b6568ea44a103ec0d4bd3aa
More about : cpu reaches degrees celsius cleaning idle

Solution
You can try a different compound if you want, but really the difference between thermal compound isn't that much in terms of performance. I would just get a tube of artic silver for $5. Don't believe the BS that gets spread around the internet about there being a huge difference.
AMD Overdrive is the only program that can accurately report temperatures on FM2+ CPUs. What does Overdrive report your thermal margin as?

For what it's worth, we get this very question on here 10+ times per day, and it's almost always that someone is trying to use something other than AMD's utility to monitor temperatures, and it's giving them nonsense readings.

Z3KT0R

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016

Okay let's just pretend the amd cpu is actually cool, the fan however is making A LOT of noise starting immediatly at 100% speed in the BIOS. i don't have access to my laptop right now but i will check it out.

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
You should take apart the cooler and see if there is any dust that is clogging anything up. Even if you take some air to the cooler you still won't blow out the big clumps of dust that get stuck inside those laptop blower style fan heatsinks. If that doesn't work my guess would be that you need to buy a replacement heatsink and fan. if you can get your laptop down to 80c under load I would consider that safe for a laptop. Also if it feels really hot to the touch the chances are that you are getting the correct readings.

Z3KT0R

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016

okay i get it, but i'm wondering maybe is the thermal paste qualtiy ? I mean it's extremely cheap, i've bought it for 1$ and it does the job on a desktop however in the laptop it seem to be not good. When i've open the heatsink for a second re-apply i've say that all the thermal paste immediately goes to the border of the heat spreader. In fact, it does not cool the center of the cpu. I'm sure it's nothing about you've-screwed-too-much and maybe the thermal paste isn't good enough. Also it's a white thermal paste, not grey, does it change something ?

P.S i've removed ALL the dust in my laptop. The fans is doing his job.

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
You can try a different compound if you want, but really the difference between thermal compound isn't that much in terms of performance. I would just get a tube of artic silver for $5. Don't believe the BS that gets spread around the internet about there being a huge difference.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS