[SOLVED] AMD CPU suddenly stop working

Mar 30, 2020
So while I was gaming with my friends during Quarantine, My pc suddenly turned off and I cannot reboot it. The ez debug on the motherboard said my CPU is not working. It is a ryzen 5 3600x with no overclocking. It is only few months old. My motherboard is MSI B450M Gaming Plus with the latest BIOS installed. I have very few pc building experience so is this a CPU problem or a Motherboard problem? Pls help thx.
EDIT: I often checked the temperature and the temperature of the cpu is often below 70 Celsius.

Solution
one thing i see that is an issue but not necessarily the cause of the issue is your mismatched RAM. I would get a 16gb 3200-3600mhz kit of matching 8gb sticks. try booting with all drives disconnected just MB CPU RAM and PSU. these are all you need to get to BIOS. something obviously failed and the only way to get it going again is to isolate the issue and that at times can be costly and time-consuming. each item needs to be swapped out and tested to find the fault
first list all of your specs please....

it's possible you had some sort of hardware failure, not necessarily your CPU. what I would try before anything else is to clear CMOS. either by depressing a button on your board or by pulling the battery for 30 sec. all while unplugged of course. after you put the battery back in try to start the PC and see if that works

Mar 30, 2020
first list all of your specs please....

it's possible you had some sort of hardware failure, not necessarily your CPU. what I would try before anything else is to clear CMOS. either by depressing a button on your board or by pulling the battery for 30 sec. all while unplugged of course. after you put the battery back in try to start the PC and see if that works
Sorry, here’s the spec:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x

Gpu: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming Z 6G with overclocking on my own:
-power limit 105%
-voltage 100%
- GPU clock is overclocked via OC scanner
- Memory clock is +900 Mhz

Motherboard: Msi b450m gaming plus with the latest bios

Ram: 1xddr4-2133 8gb
1xddr4-2400 8gb
(The system runs at 2133)

Harddrive: 1x nvme m.2 ssd from samsung
1x SATA ssd from plexator( boot drive)
1x HDD

PSU: Cooler master gx550 with 550w

Btw clearing cmos is still not working.

one thing i see that is an issue but not necessarily the cause of the issue is your mismatched RAM. I would get a 16gb 3200-3600mhz kit of matching 8gb sticks. try booting with all drives disconnected just MB CPU RAM and PSU. these are all you need to get to BIOS. something obviously failed and the only way to get it going again is to isolate the issue and that at times can be costly and time-consuming. each item needs to be swapped out and tested to find the fault

Solution
So while I was gaming with my friends during Quarantine, My pc suddenly turned off and I cannot reboot it. The ez debug on the motherboard said my CPU is not working. It is a ryzen 5 3600x with no overclocking. It is only few months old. My motherboard is MSI B450M Gaming Plus with the latest BIOS installed. I have very few pc building experience so is this a CPU problem or a Motherboard problem? Pls help thx.
EDIT: I often checked the temperature and the temperature of the cpu is often below 70 Celsius.
PSU: Cooler master gx550 with 550w

You likely need a new power supply. The Cooler master gx550 looks like it was released back in 2013 and if that is true, you can't expect it to hold up if the unit you purchased has been sitting on the shelf all that time. So I'm thinking that the CPU is not getting enough power because the PSU is failing.

I would start by getting a new PSU that is Gold rated or at minimum a Bronze rated Corsair CX550 or 550M(modular.) If a new PSU doesn't solve the issue, RMA the CPU with the seller or with AMD.