AMD CPUs and GPUs Used to Make 'Machete'

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun_shaun

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Toms didnt talk, what GPUs used to make movies like Avatar or any other recent CGI intense movie ..so what s the big deal about this Machete??? probably Jessica Alba !!!

Todays movies are getting cheaper to make as tech improves. Even the TV shows of today are able to produce realistic effects in a fraction of time and cost. This unfortunately has movies reaching near price elasticity of demand for views.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Awesome! good to see AMD getting recognized for this stuff.

And didn't IBM's cell processors and a mix of intel processors render Avatar? (Some NZ renderfarm or something)

Is this the only movie ever made that uses AMD CPUs and GPUs?
Well congratulations!

Nope, AMD also did Predators (2010)

Wheat_Thins

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAHHH FULL ON DOUBLE AMD RAINBOW RENDER! It's so intense; what does it mean? Honestly does this mean anything?

thesmokingman14

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
ROFL, it's like ate Kill Bill, The Matrix, and Last Action Hero and crapped out a movie. The only thing missing is a geriatric Steven Seagal....although having enough chicks running around in bras with guns could redeem it! ;)

velozzity

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
So has anyone actually seen what this movie is about...i mean yes the man was set up, but it basically boils down to a minority (and illegal alien omfg i said it im not politically correct sue me) running around shooting whites...if it were reversed would'nt that be called racist instead of artwork.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Was I the only one expecting to see a picture of a machete made from billions of fused transistors? Bet it'd be colourful.
Quintan, Rodriguez, and Uwe Boll have to be my favorite directors. :D

Poisoner

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Im switching to nVidia now. This movie is so racist its not funny. I'm half hispanic and I find it as an attempt to start a race war. I am so happy I went to Intel already.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Are you people insane? This is the BEST SUMMER MOVIE OF 2010.

You people crying about Mexican's killing white people need to go back to your Tea Party rallies...

Poisoner

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Are you people insane? This is the BEST SUMMER MOVIE OF 2010. You people crying about Mexican's killing white people need to go back to your Tea Party rallies...[/citation]

The tea party movement is a control mechanism. And this movie is very racist.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]thesmokingman14[/nom]ROFL, it's like ate Kill Bill, The Matrix, and Last Action Hero and crapped out a movie. The only thing missing is a geriatric Steven Seagal....although having enough chicks running around in bras with guns could redeem it![/citation]

You didn't watch the Trailer then?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]hp79[/nom]And I used intel CPU and intel GPU to type this comment.[/citation]
Typing , the only thing you can do good with an intel GPU.

kilthas_th

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
This is unsurprising. I've received a cut or two from AMD products in my time.

On another note, it's good to see something come out where ATI appears to have antialiasing ready and working in time for launch (though I guess I'll have to see the film to be certain). lol

Status
Not open for further replies.