hey all..

I haven't been following the computer tech stuff too much the last few years.

what's the pecking order on those AMD CPUs? It does seem that AMD is not
following the Intel convention as they used to or am I wrong on that
assumption?

I'm seriously thinking about upgrading my main case from a pentium 3 system
to an AMD system.

in the mean time, once I know the status on the pentium 3 system which is
now back at another shop that has a socket 370 board to test with to see
whether the pentium 3 cpu or mobo is still any good. I've been informed by
some that suggest the mobos are more likely to fail than cpus do. taking
with that info in regard, I may build a new atx mini-tower system with
pentium 3 cpu if its still good and give that one to my parents.

"dilbert firestorm" <scanb-nospam@nospam-att-nospam.net> wrote...
> hey all..
>
> I haven't been following the computer tech stuff too much the last few years.
>
> what's the pecking order on those AMD CPUs?

Socket 939 A64s are at the top. The FX versions are single-CPU versions of the
Opterons.