AMD Crossfire R9 270x with 390?

XxJFedxX

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
So is this possible? Can i run these two cards in crossfire together? Or would i need another 390 to run crossfire properly? Im newer to the Graphics world so i apologize if thats a dumb question.

Solution
No you cannot crossfire them at all unfortunately as they are not in the same family of physical chip that is used on them.

We're all hoping for DirectX 12 to allow for use of varying cards to be able to be used together but that's some ways off currently. So just stick with either just using the one 390 or get your self a second one to crossfire with it.

Further to this. When crossfiring two or more cards together the better card will always be clocked down to the speed of the slowest card. So even if you could crossfire your 390 with your 270x you would essentially have the same power as two 270Xs running in crossfire with each other.

So yeah in short you practically cannot crossfire those two cards together. Hope that explains...

abaday789

Honorable
Jul 4, 2014
No you cannot crossfire them at all unfortunately as they are not in the same family of physical chip that is used on them.

We're all hoping for DirectX 12 to allow for use of varying cards to be able to be used together but that's some ways off currently. So just stick with either just using the one 390 or get your self a second one to crossfire with it.

Further to this. When crossfiring two or more cards together the better card will always be clocked down to the speed of the slowest card. So even if you could crossfire your 390 with your 270x you would essentially have the same power as two 270Xs running in crossfire with each other.

So yeah in short you practically cannot crossfire those two cards together. Hope that explains things for you :)

Solution