[SOLVED] AMD Custom PC help - games crash randomly

camwright

Prominent
Apr 17, 2018
A friend of mine called me over to help try and troubleshoot why his pc will randomly crash in games.

Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200G
8gb Ram
Asus b450m-a MOBO
Asus Strix RX 570 - 4gb
240gb Inland SSD
cx750w PSU

I installed the lastest bios on the mobo, ran all windows updates, all gpu updates in hopes that was the issue.

Installed afterburner, turned on monitoring and told him to try and replicate.

He mainly plays Minecraft and CSGO, both titles that more or less don't require a ton of resources, my thought was that it might be overheating or something to that nature but watching the specs it doesn't seem to be the case.

Minecraft we put it on max settings and we never got it to fail, CSGO we put it on max setting or even on low settings and anywhere from 15 seconds in a bot match to 2 minutes it would freeze, close the window but keep it open in the app bar. No system error, event logs doesn't show anything viable that I saw.

The only other thing is the SSD... the pc runs quite slow upon bootup and opening programs, I have the same SSD or the same model just different size and it is no where near this slow.
Since its not overheating I don't think its a thermal issue or an airflow issue. I am pretty much stumped.

I might have left something out, please give any advice possible even if it seems easy or rookie troubleshooting steps.

camwright

Prominent
Apr 17, 2018
Installed the motherbd drivers? https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B450M-A/HelpDesk_Download/

Ran 8+ hrs of memory testing to make sure its stable? https://www.memtest86.com/
(feel free to stop testing upon any errors, a fail is a fail)

Is there any overclocking? Return to stock values and recheck.

Yes to the mobo drivers and bios update, I haven't ran any mem tests though.
Ran Prime95 just on the first pass to see if it was the case and nothing was hurt.

No OC done at all..

TRENDING THREADS