Question AMD display driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMIlja

Honorable
Sep 4, 2014
Hi all,

Today I started having problem with display driver AMD. Problem is that when I'm starting game GTA V in Online, in free roam after around 2-5 minutes game crashes and my full screen goes pink with lines and I can't do nothing like call Task Manager, Alt+F4 or something else to go back on my desktop.

Only way is press 'restart' button on PC. And it's not all yet, after restart button, loading OS screen starts glitching with black squaers, tringles, half lines and so on...and after when I need enter password to enter on my desktop, screen goes grey with lines (or red, yellow).

Also I had blue screen with error code, but I couldn't make a picture of that. Sorry.

So after all that, atlast I've entered on my desktop and all seems works normal untill launcning GTA V in free roam. I had moment when I was in game like 10 minutes and I've exit game normaly, game crashes, screen again goes pink with lines, after that screen continue glitching and message pops out with: Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered

Before all that, all was okey without any problems. I've noticed this issue when I've installed latest AMD GPU drivers, before all was running okey.

Right now I've latest Catalyst driver (15.20.1046-150622a-186190C). I've tried roll back old drivers, but it's didn't help, same crashes with full pink screen. Yes I've tryed DDU too.

I thought maybe GPU is overheating, I've checked temperature of CPU, GPU, MB and HDD, all okay while in game.

My PC config:

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i3-2100 CPU 3.1Ghz
GA-H61M-S2-B3 (Socket 1155)
8Gb RAM
MSI R9 270x 2gb Gaming (not oc)
500GB HDD

I don't know what to do now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.