News AMD doubles the VRAM and boosts clocks with the Radeon RX 7600 XT 16GB — launching January 24 at $329

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2023
What a joke of a card, this is just a RX 7600 16 GB. The clock increase is pitiful on this. A card like the ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 7600 already has a 2755 MHz Boost Clock and a 2375 MHz Game Clock at a lower TDP.
At least increase the core and VRAM clocks a bit more to seperate the 2 cards if you leave the compute and shader counts the same. Such a disappointment at an MSRP of $329.

I wish this release surprised me, but AMD simply doesn't have any RDNA 3 chips aside from those we already know about. The only other choice would be even more cut down Navi 32 which probably doesn't make financial sense given how much bigger the die is than Navi 33. Given that the 7600 has been available for around $250 this really should have been more like a $300 part though. I really take it mostly as a sign that we'll be waiting on Intel and/or next year before any sub $400 current gen cards might make sense to buy. Until then it's looking back at prior generation or hoping for some really good sales (or hopefully not needing a new card in this price range).
What a joke of a card, this is just a RX 7600 16 GB. The clock increase is pitiful on this. A card like the ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 7600 already has a 2755 MHz Boost Clock and a 2375 MHz Game Clock at a lower TDP.
You're aware that clocks on modern cards are virtually meaningless right? The extra TGP on this card means it will sustain higher clocks across the board. Looking through the Tom's and TPU 4060 Ti reviews shows about 10-20W maximum difference between the 8GB and 16GB versions and nvidia officially has a 5W TGP difference to cover the extra VRAM. Here AMD has allotted 25W more to the TGP which means custom boards with higher power limits will go even further (like the Strix 7600 you cited does now).

Aug 1, 2023
Meanwhile Matty from a few weeks ago:
"AMD is almost certainly using a chiplet design for the Radeon RX 7600 XT..." His saving grace is that he put there the word 'almost'. And I cannot find the other article but I clearly remember the wording stating impossible to use N33 as it is already maxed out... anyway this is just proof writers have to be careful with the wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS