drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 AMD Limited Edition AM-932-RWN1-GP Red Steel / Plastic / Mesh bezel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

I chose this case based on the fact its big and will fit the 5970 without much of a problems and i like the dragon for this occasion.

GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 AM3 AMD 790FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
or
ASUS Crosshair III Formula AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

kinda leanin twards the gigabyte, never had a problem with ither company. Plus the 3's for that board make it very interesting. on top of the overclocking for the ddr3 ram

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ965FBGMBOX - Retail

would i choose ne other?

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Retail

the ram i prefer. open to other brands just used gskill on my past 5 rigs and never had a problem, + it matches the color of the rig

CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-950TX 950W ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

has plenty of power to support the 5970 from what i can tell, open for suggestions for this, prbly not gonna go xfire

Patriot PS-100 PS32GS25SSDR 2.5" 32GB SATA I/II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Retail

wanted to try an ssd for my primary drive for w7 ult 64bit just to see how fast it could go, have plenty of storage drives at home around 10 terra so storage isnt an issue

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

as a storage drive for people that dont have one

Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Magnetic Fluid Dynamic LED Fan and Fan Controller/Heatsink Rev.1 with TX-3 & 1156 Brackets - Retail

Thermaltake CL-P0466 80mm Sleeve CPU Cooler - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS10X Extreme 120mm CPU Cooler with Worlds first PWM Fan Speed Controller - Retail

all 3 look cool and all 3 do a great job at keeping your processor cool so im undecided. my last system just used the stock cooler...

well thats my pc that i will be buying after this next contract job is up in febuary unless something insane gets released between now and then .
all and all for this system you are looking at about 1800 with shipping.
all items are pulled from newegg

RAM: There's some CL 7 sticks that will be faster...

PSU: 950W is way overkill, even for Crossfired 5970s. If you're not XFiring, you'll only need a 550W.

HDD: Switch that for a Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB. It's usually about the same price, but it's better in almost every benchmark.

CPU: Only necessary if you're overclocking (I'm assuming you are). I personally like the Coolermaster Hyper 212 better, as it's one of the best coolers available and one of the most reasonably priced. It's $30 on Newegg (with free shipping).

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
o reallllyyyyyy i have a 730 watt raid max power supply that i bought last year i guess i dont need a new psu then

im not actually using that hd i have had better luck with seagates than i have with any other hd company

as far as the cooler goes i am overclocking, but i also am building this system for looks as it will be going to many a lan party, and i reallllllyyyyyyyyy dont wanna be dragging a radiator around

PSU: You might want to consider a different one. RAIDMAX isn't the best quality, but if you haven't had trouble with it, it doesn't really matter.

HDD: You're not "using" it, or you're not buying it? If you're not buying it, then its alright.

CPU: The Hyper isn't a water cooling solution. It's a heat sink/fan. You might be thinking of the Hydro series, which I wouldn't recommend.

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
cpu cooler lol i know its not water cooling lol im just lookin for the best cooling option as far as looks and actual temp is concerned.

i have alot of hard drives in my house for storage i thougth that someone may want to use this template one day so i threw that one upthere cause i like seagate and havnt had a problem with them

i think i will get the psu i listed because i want the upgrade factor if i throw even more graphics and other gear like a blue ray and other power hungry stuff... cant forget my 0+1 array

The Hyper is one of the best.

Drives don't add that much to the power needs of a computer. Really, the only things you have to worry about is the number of cards and the overclocking. Everything should start at 400-450W. Add 200W for every GPU you want to add. Add some for the overclocking (I don't know how much, I'm not that into overclocking). So if you Crossfire and overclock, you're probably looking at 750W maximum.

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
ok i went out and did some research

the graphics i plan to use consumes 300 watts not overclocked

the processor uses 125 not overclocked

25 per added device as in cd, dvd, hard drive

125+300+25+25+25+25+25+25

without overclock i need a 700 watt and thats if i dont plan on adding any other devices and i do so

Ah...that GPU definitely needs the large PSU. Which one are you planning on using? I'm assuming it's either the 5970 or another one with two GPUs in one card, so it's already like a dual card solution. So by my rough estimate, you would still need at least 700W.